• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The rumor that won't die.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I missed that the Warriors signed Shaun Livingston to a three year deal.

Why would they get Livingston I asked myself.  Curry has been a great PG.  Livingston has proved himself to be a great PG... It doesn't make sense.

Then again it does.

I have always viewed Curry as a 2.  He was just too small to play the 2 until Now.  Livingston is the last of the big PGs.   With him, they can run a Livingston/Curry backcourt which would be fun to watch.

What does that have to do with the Hawks...

It legitimizes the rumor that Klay may be on his way out.  I know that there's other people like Love that this could effect, but somehow, I think Horf is more realistic than Love.  It's terrible timing because I would rather see us get Monroe Now.  But what if Klay is shipped to Detroit in a three way?  With Lee.  Who would be mad?

• Admin

You're really reaching here. They aren't going to move Curry to SG. Livingston was signed to back him up.

Only reason this "rumor" won't "die" is because of us. I don't hear it being discussed in the major news outlets or on Twitter by real insiders / reporters.

Excatly, they have not had a good backup pg in GS. Livingston allows them the flexibility to spell Klay or curry. He is big enough that yes he can come in and play pg and allow curry to shift to SG. However, I don't see him brought in to start. He just gives them bench strength and flexibility.

I missed that the Warriors signed Shaun Livingston to a three year deal.

Why would they get Livingston I asked myself.  Curry has been a great PG.  Livingston has proved himself to be a great PG... It doesn't make sense.

Then again it does.

I have always viewed Curry as a 2.  He was just too small to play the 2 until Now.  Livingston is the last of the big PGs.   With him, they can run a Livingston/Curry backcourt which would be fun to watch.

What does that have to do with the Hawks...

It legitimizes the rumor that Klay may be on his way out.  I know that there's other people like Love that this could effect, but somehow, I think Horf is more realistic than Love.  It's terrible timing because I would rather see us get Monroe Now.  But what if Klay is shipped to Detroit in a three way?  With Lee.  Who would be mad?

Livingston will back up Curry - they let Jarrett Jack go last season and missed him.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Klay to be traded

Yeah it's true, there was only one rumor of Klay/Lee to Us for Horford.  However, the there are a lot in the bay area seeing Klay for Love.  The reason this may happen is that GS doesn't want to deal with Klay's FAcy.  Moreover, Love wants to stay out West with a team with a playoff team.  Hello Warriors.

• Like 1

This feels like another of those threads that D likes to start that he knows doesn't really belong in Homecourt but he starts them under the pretense of it being Hawks related. Don't deny you don't do that D, I know how clever you think you are! 

Klay to be traded

Yeah it's true, there was only one rumor of Klay/Lee to Us for Horford.  However, the there are a lot in the bay area seeing Klay for Love.  The reason this may happen is that GS doesn't want to deal with Klay's FAcy.  Moreover, Love wants to stay out West with a team with a playoff team.  Hello Warriors.

This has absolutely zero to do with Livingston though. 

• Premium Member

Excatly, they have not had a good backup pg in GS. Livingston allows them the flexibility to spell Klay or curry. He is big enough that yes he can come in and play pg and allow curry to shift to SG. However, I don't see him brought in to start. He just gives them bench strength and flexibility.

I wouldn't exactly call Steve Blake chopped onions.  I thnk he was a fine BU.

You're really reaching here. They aren't going to move Curry to SG. Livingston was signed to back him up.

Only reason this "rumor" won't "die" is because of us. I don't hear it being discussed in the major news outlets or on Twitter by real insiders / reporters.

I asked my buddy about the Klay\horf deal and he had not heard of it being discussed by the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This feels like another of those threads that D likes to start that he knows doesn't really belong in Homecourt but he starts them under the pretense of it being Hawks related. Don't deny you don't do that D, I know how clever you think you are! 

This has absolutely zero to do with Livingston though. 

On the point of Livingston.  I would say he's better than a BU and he makes Klay movable.   I mean, if you were going to trade for Kevin Love and the move would leave your team with shot happy Jordan Crawford as your starting two, wouldn't this be a move you make to put Curry there.

• Premium Member

Only reason this "rumor" won't "die" is because of us YOU crazy.gif .  I don't hear it being discussed in the major news outlets or on Twitter by real insiders / reporters. 

Fixed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Fixed.

Hold on...I'm accused of a lot of things but I didn't bring the original Horf for Klay deal here.  I saw that here and it had a somewhat legitimate source if I remember correctly.  You remember that heavyset dude at ESPN.

Secondly, the Klay for Love has been the buzz since Love said that he was not resigning with Minnesota.

Thirdly, they just signed a PG who proved himself to be starter quality in BK and you guys believe that he's going to be a BU for the next three years.  He could have gone a lot of places and started.  He ran the offense better than DWill.  Kidd probably could have used him in Milwaukee.  So I cannot see why he would go to be a BU in GS...Fault me for thinking it out but everybody knows that Curry is a 2 in a 1s body and that Livingston is last of the big PG (until Exum starts).   It just makes sense to me.

Now, Horf may not be a thought in GS however, if it was once rumored then why not.

Ah, my bad. Anyway, I thought it was you who kept bringing this to the surface. Maybe it was someone else.

If so, please accept my sincere apologies. <----- no sarcasm here =)

Diesel may not have posted the original Klay deal - but I think most of the Squawk have moved on from it so it actually died. D resurrected it today.

Don't see GSW moving Thompson unless they get a offered something they just can't refuse. Him and Curry make for one of the best backcourts in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hold on...I'm accused of a lot of things but I didn't bring the original Horf for Klay deal here. I saw that here and it had a somewhat legitimate source if I remember correctly. You remember that heavyset dude at ESPN.

Secondly, the Klay for Love has been the buzz since Love said that he was not resigning with Minnesota.

Thirdly, they just signed a PG who proved himself to be starter quality in BK and you guys believe that he's going to be a BU for the next three years. He could have gone a lot of places and started. He ran the offense better than DWill. Kidd probably could have used him in Milwaukee. So I cannot see why he would go to be a BU in GS...Fault me for thinking it out but everybody knows that Curry is a 2 in a 1s body and that Livingston is last of the big PG (until Exum starts). It just makes sense to me.

Now, Horf may not be a thought in GS however, if it was once rumored then why not.

While I would really want you to be right here because I think Klay would be awesome with us, I can't see it happening. I live in the Bay Area and continually hear that the Warriors REFUSE to include Klay in a package for Love.

Also, while I also agree with you that Livingston ran BK's offense better than Deron Williams many times last year(Deron was one donut away from going in IR ..again) it still isn't saying much.

Why would the Warriors downgrade from one of the best backcourts in the nba with the splash bros. to a Livingston/Curry starting backcourt? I can see a Livingston/Curry backcourt for stretches of pt, like maybe 10-15 minutes of Curry playing off the ball while Livingston handles, but as far as Livingston being a starter, I doubt it.

Also, Livingston got a 3/16 million contract, these days that's a classic backup point guard contract.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and you are right, but it's hard to see.