• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan Johnson

Just came across an article about Ivan Johnson joining the Dallas Mavericks Summer League roster. Seems like his decision to play in China was due to low-ball offers and the birth of his second child. People on the Squawk talked about Danny Ferry not thinking he was a good fit for our system but he actually had a workout with the Spurs last week. Obviously Pop liked his game. The way the Mavericks are talking, he should make the team and provide some help in the post.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dallasmavericks&id=4702596&city=dallas&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fm.bleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2125672-johnson-more-than-a-summer-league-guy%22%7D&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Edited by willthepureshooter

Ivan would flourish in the Spurs system. There must be some really serious issues off the court. Miss that guy, hope he catches on somewhere and makes an impact. He would always show a little more than you expected each game. Like "damn, he hit that 19 footer?", "damn, he dunked on him?", or "he got that loose ball?"

Edited by benhillboy

Ivan would flourish in the Spurs system. There must be some really serious issues off the court. Miss that guy, hope he catches on somewhere and makes an impact.

Yeah, Ivan had a sweet rhythm jumper around the elbow and good slashing skills. And lets not forget about his ability to finish at the basket. He was solid player with a balanced game.

Just came across an article about Ivan Johnson joining the Dallas Mavericks Summer League roster. Seems like his decision to play in China was due to low-ball offers and the birth of his second child. People on the Squawk talked about Danny Ferry not thinking he was a good fit for our system but he actually had a workout with the Spurs last week. Obviously Pop liked his game. The way the Mavericks are talking, he should make the team and provide some help in the post.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dallasmavericks&id=4702596&city=dallas&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fm.bleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2125672-johnson-more-than-a-summer-league-guy%22%7D&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Same thing can be said about DeJuan Blair. They both play similarly, but at the end, it was Blair's attitude that sent him packing away from San Antonio. Hopefully, Ivan Johnson has matured a bit since being out of the league this past year, and I hope for nothing but the best for him in his career. 

Edited by ATLHawks3

Its quite obvious Ferry didn't value Ivan enough to give him a concrete contract offer.

Who on the Squawk said he was a bad fit? You made reference to there being people who thought Ivan was a bad fit, so obviously you must be able to reference this somewhere.

Saying Ferry didn't value Ivan is drastically different from saying people on the Squawk did not think Ivan was a good fit. And have you paused to think that Ferry didn't believe Ivan was a good fit for personal reasons and not basketball reasons?

Who on the Squawk said he was a bad fit? You made reference to there being people who thought Ivan was a bad fit, so obviously you must be able to reference this somewhere.

Saying Ferry didn't value Ivan is drastically different from saying people on the Squawk did not think Ivan was a good fit. And have you paused to think that Ferry didn't believe Ivan was a good fit for personal reasons and not basketball reasons?

So you want me to provide names from something a year ago? Get real. It was a general statement. There were people that felt like he wouldn't fit our something due to his height. You're acting like I called you out.. weird..

So you want me to provide names from something a year ago? Get real. It was a general statement. There were people that felt like he wouldn't fit our something due to his height. You're acting like I called you out.. weird..

No I don't particularly care about names. It's that I don't think there was a vibe on this board that Ivan couldn't or wouldn't fit. It is also pretty evident that it was not Ivan's basketball skillset that led him to not receive a contract offer from the Hawks.