• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We applauded the firing of BK... BUT......

Diesel

• Premium Member

Wow! I've seen it all - Really? You gonna list every single transaction by BK and Sund like Harrington etc but only list Millsap?

Resigned KK, resigned Teague, signed DMC. signed Bud.

First off, I highlighted BK and Sund's own moves.  I gave Sund no credit for having Smoove, Bibby, JJ and Horford when he started.  I gave BK no credit for having Shareef, Theo, Jason Terry when he started.

I said:

By his third offseason, BK had Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington, and Joe Johnson.

By his third offseason, Sund had  Horf, and Teague.

So for by his third, Players of note for DF are:  Millsap.

Notice I didn't mention BK also had Marvin.. I don't consider Marvin a success story.  Neither do I consider DMC one yet.  Moreover, KK and Teague were Sund's work.

The one real player that Ferry has brought in has been Millsap.

First off, I highlighted BK and Sund's own moves. I gave Sund no credit for having Smoove, Bibby, JJ and Horford when he started. I gave BK no credit for having Shareef, Theo, Jason Terry when he started.

I said:

By his third offseason, BK had Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington, and Joe Johnson.

By his third offseason, Sund had Horf, and Teague.

So for by his third, Players of note for DF are: Millsap.

Notice I didn't mention BK also had Marvin.. I don't consider Marvin a success story. Neither do I consider DMC one yet. Moreover, KK and Teague were Sund's work.

The one real player that Ferry has brought in has been Millsap.

Am I drunk or are you?

DF brought in KK after he traded Joe with the trade exception.

Seeing that DMC has been here for 1 season I'm not sure how you're qualifying success. What exactly was Josh Childress? On one had you're not counting Marvin but counting Childress? C'mon D.

I'm done - just let's agree that well disagree.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Am I drunk or are you?

DF brought in KK after he traded Joe with the trade exception.

Seeing that DMC has been here for 1 season I'm not sure how you're qualifying success. What exactly was Josh Childress? On one had you're not counting Marvin but counting Childress? C'mon D.

I'm done - just let's agree that well disagree.

I wish I was drunk and regretting taking this bait of a thread.   How you can not give DF credit for Korver, DMC, Millsap, even Teague I have no idea.  (Mack/scott?)  Not only did he acquire Korver (who didn't want to come here at all) but he then resigned him.   DMC is a much better player than Marvin.  He managed to turn Marvin with a terrible contract into a much better and cheaper player.  Antić is a success out of nowhere.   How many guys can you pluck at 30 years old from Macedonia that even get off the bench?

But what about Coach Bud.   I mean damn.   If there is anything you are going to give Ferry credit for at least give him that.  

BK getting praise for, in 3 years, assembling Josh Smith, Chill, Harrington, and Joe Johnson?    I think we have all been punk'd by D.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Ok.  I missed Korver... and Chillz doesn't belong... neither does DMC.

Understand, I love DMC but he hasn't put up much better seasons than Marvin in a contract year.

So let me amend...and let's not forget the purpose of the statement!

By his third offseason, BK had Josh Smith,  Al Harrington, and Joe Johnson.

By his third offseason, Sund had Hinrich, and Teague.

So for by his third, Players of note for DF are:  Millsap and Korver.

So we can absolutely grade DF by his third year and by his third year, he's a little better than Sund but not as good as BK.

The bottom line is even though he failed a lot and could have put us over the top BK was better at acquiring talent than Sund and Ferry.

Bringing in Horford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Bibby which BK did

is greater than

Bringing in Crawford and Teague which Sund did

and is also greater than

Bringing in Sap and Korver which Ferry has done.

And it is not even close. Another major point is a lot of you guys try to insinuate that people like myself are negative but you have really negative approaches when it comes to BK. You never look at his good, just at his failures.

Wow! I've seen it all - Really? You gonna list every single transaction by BK and Sund like Harrington etc but only list Millsap?

Resigned KK, resigned Teague, signed DMC. signed Bud.

Not to mention Ferry was able to unload two horrific contracts that his predecessor had instigated.  BK was stupid because he thought a team full of 6-7 to 6-9 players could win it all.  No playmaking or rebounding required.  JMHO but the 17th pick didn't really turn out that good did it?  Most of us were delighted Ferry did not re-sign Smith, especially considering the ridiculous contract Detroit gave him.

The jury is still out on Ferry, but BK was found lacking.

• Premium Member

Not to mention Ferry was able to unload two horrific contracts that his predecessor had instigated.  BK was stupid because he thought a team full of 6-7 to 6-9 players could win it all.  No playmaking or rebounding required.  JMHO but the 17th pick didn't really turn out that good did it?  Most of us were delighted Ferry did not re-sign Smith, especially considering the ridiculous contract Detroit gave him.

The jury is still out on Ferry, but BK was found lacking.

Funny.  Because BK unloaded Theo, Big Dog, Terry,  Shareef, and Dan Dickau when he first took over.

Big Dog was not a 5 time allstar who other people wanted to play with.

When you say that BK was stupid because he believed... blah blah blah...  Have you really heard Ferry yet?

Ferry said most of all, we seek high character guys.

I'm all for high character guys but he put that before skills... same as BK.

Moreover, BK's mantra wasn't 6'7 - 6'9" otherwise he would have never gone after Dampiere or traded away Harrington.  His thing was Long, athletic and versatile.

BK was a GM who was only given 1 coach.   The flaws in Woodson are evident. Without knowing how BK would have choosen his next coach, who is to say if he was lacking or not.