• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Highly likely: Kyle Korver will make USA squad despite low playtime in exhibitions

ATLnightwing

I was listening to NBA radio and if I recall correctly, Malik Rose said at a USA practice he clearly heard the coach yell out set plays along the lines of "Korver 4" or something like that. Regardless, I think it's pretty safe to assume they will be cutting the younger guys like Hayward, Lillard, and maybe even Drummond. Korver will be on the team for certain situation purposes only .

• Moderators

Can't believe Plumlee made the team.  Talk about Coach K wanting to pad his own guys.  Korver getting cut is good for the Hawks but I think they might regret not having him at some point.  If Curry or Thompson get hurt or cold, this team could really be hurting for reliable perimeter gunners.

• Like 1

Yea, Plumlee is a bit excessive as a 4th center once you've already taken Cousins and Drummond to backup AD. I see no logical situation where Plumlee needs to get burn outside of the refs deciding to "Tim Duncan in Athens" Davis by calling excessive ticky tack fouls. K's promise from 3 years ago to Kyrie that he'd be the starter by Rio was almost in jeopardy too when Rose came out like gangbusters but with the knee soreness he was able to quietly transition his Dukie back into the starting lineup.

Could make a case for all of the cuts over Plumlee except Hayward who does a lot of things but none of them well. Lillard as Rose insurance, Parsons as a backup stretch 4 to Gay, and Kyle as a zone buster.

• Like 1

Why not just select Cheroke Parks, Ala Abdaalnaby and Tre Langdon. I just have to go to my happy place of the look on his face this year when they got knocked out in the 1st round. Of all people to cry about all the seniors Mercer had Coach K opened his hypocrite mouth and used that as an excuse. Has he ever won a title another way? Senior laden team with 22 and 23 year olds playing vs 18 and 19 year olds.