• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill Duffy and Wayne Embry support Ferry. "He's not a racist"

Admin

I didn't know blacks were the majority at garth Brooks concerts or falcons games.

I'll use my favorite here: Are you being intentionally obtuse? @kg01 nailed the point I was making about whites going downtown.

I'll use my favorite here: Are you being intentionally obtuse? @kg01 nailed the point I was making about whites going downtown.

That word will never be able to be used again without it conjuring up memories of one of the greatest films ever. 

And I don't know about y'all, but I'm afraid to go downtown Houston because A) some vagrant will either attempt to wash my windshield with a dirty ass (hopefully not used on that region) rag, or will stare into my window until I relent and give him money. B) Because I hate driving on one way streets. C) Because the parking garage sucks getting into and out of. D) Because my knees and the knees of those behind me are either in someone's back or next to their ears.

10620556_840755119298124_146721147962206

After giving Rice a 2 game suspension Goodell announced that going forward the punishment for a 1st offense is 6 games? Why is Rice suspended indefinitely?

This whole debacle has been mishandled from the start.

+1000

I am in no way defending Rice and his actions here , but this clearly turned into a public witch hunt on the guy. Should have gave him the six and done with it. The guy has been clean as a whistle and willing to give the guy a chance to prove he is not an monster. Everyone has made mistakes.... period

What disgust me the most is all these media talking heads and their callers on the radio ready to banish this guy. I say get off your righteous chair and look in the mirror and ask your self if you are perfect. Disgusting phony hypocrites is what they all are. A DUI is no less disgusting but plenty of guys playing in the league with that. Hell one killed his team mate!

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 1

That word will never be able to be used again without it conjuring up memories of one of the greatest films ever.

And I don't know about y'all, but I'm afraid to go downtown Houston because A) some vagrant will either attempt to wash my windshield with a dirty ass (hopefully not used on that region) rag, or will stare into my window until I relent and give him money. B) Because I hate driving on one way streets. C) Because the parking garage sucks getting into and out of. D) Because my knees and the knees of those behind me are either in someone's back or next to their ears.

Roflmao!!

We aren't talking about large groups of whites. We are talking about whites I'm a situation where they are the minority. Peoples perceptions are shaped through experience . Whites view police as their friend for the most part. Blacks view police through an entirely different lens. Instead of trying to destroy ferry over am unfortunate choice of words folks should be discussing issues that matter when it comes to race relations. It would be great if we could view ourselves as just men and women or even Americans . It takes a tragedy like 911 to make that happen though.

• Moderators

would it be as funny if I said I would visit Ferguson  but Im afraid Mike Browns would try to fight me ??

Only if you put it in green italic font!

(I forget not everybody uses RealGM to know what that even means! Trust me, you're better off not going over there!)

Sarcasm aside, it would be just as absurd to moan about Riley Coopers as it to do so about Mike Browns or whatever shady boogiemen characters we think are lurking downtown, or anywhere else, just to get us. Of course, it's only Riley Cooper's WORDS that wind up getting shot full of holes, but that's beside the point.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Only if you put it in green italic font!

(I forget not everybody uses RealGM to know what that even means! Trust me, you're better off not going over there!)

~lw3

troll.jpg

troll if I dont share your views ?? OK gotta it .  so by definition your a troll for not sharing mine.... funny how that works !

• Moderators

so using green changes from a stereotype  to sarcastic ?? sorry not up to speed  ....

Take all the time you need to figure it out!

(Also: see the update at 5:06 PM for confirmation.)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I can't "de-rail" this thread but, since you brought up the one-way streets in H-Town, I'd love to hear any stories you have about the "Wham-Bam Tram!" (You can PM me on this so we don't bore anybody.) Are people still getting nailed on the regular by the light rail cars or have they finally figured it out? Back when they first opened that thing and one-way'd a bunch of streets, the weekly stories of collisions with drivers who didn't seem to "get the memo" were just mind-blowing incredible! If there were more cameras around at the time it would've rivaled Russia's dash cams on YouTube.

Downtown Atlanta is getting itself a streetcar in a few months and knowing our impeccable driving skills around here, I'm hoping we don't have the same rough patches Houston did. Just one minor street closure here, as far as I know.

~lw3