• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeBron Recruited Joe Johnson?

I dont consider drob a top 10 player but he won a title inthe only year that he had a fellow superstar with him. Lebron choked his guts out in 2011. Quit on the cavs vs the celtics.dwade posted one of the highest PERs in finals history in that mavs series and lebron was turrible because he cant adapt to any one else's play. Lebron is only successful when all of his teammates are forced to adapt to his style of play. Put lebron on those 00-02 Lakers teams and they wouldn't have won because he cant play from the perimeter.

Did you see wade try to escape after lebron noshowed in the 11 finals yet lebron throws wade under the bus after last years finals when he wasn't near as good as wade in 11

huh?

LBJ 2014 finals stats 28/7/4 FG 57%

Wade 2011 final stats 26/7/5 FG 54%

I do not get all the Lebron hate.....dude is an all-timer....no off the court legal issues......plays hard.......I don't get it.

Did you read his quotes or nah? Not that hard here.

• Moderators

I don't hate him as a player but his ego is waaayyy bigger and more obvious than I enjoy as a fan. His ditching Cleveland after quitting on them in the postseason and the "look at me" style gamesmanship that accompanied the decision turns me off. His jumping teams to upgrade supporting casts rather than try to win with what he has doesn't endear him to me.

He is an all-time player but is easy to dislike as he makes every decision from the perspective of whether it makes him a bigger star. Feel free to enjoy him making it rain powder before every game in which he will enjoy the benefit of nearly every call but I will most likely continue to respect his ability and to root against him.

Edited by AHF

I do not get all the Lebron hate.....dude is an all-timer....no off the court legal issues......plays hard.......I don't get it.

It's because he isn't a Hawk. Easy to root against a guy who will more than likely prevent your favorite team from getting to the EC Finals or the NBA Finals.

The other element is partly rooted in jealousy. If he were a Hawk, hardly anything would be said about his on the court antics, his ego, or his will to win.

People really see his move to Cleveland as him "running away"? If he had stayed in Miami, the Heat would be contenders to win the East again. Instead, he goes to a Cleveland team with 1 young star. Then a star on another bad team joins those 2.

If we had a player here that could attract high quality players to play with him, he would be beloved in Atlanta.

Hating Lebron is like hating your neighbor if he bought a Maserati or a Lambo, thinking that he only bought that type of car to show off in. Forget that may have the money to buy that type of vehicle, people hate him for even having it .... when they know they can't have one.

It's because he isn't a Hawk. Easy to root against a guy who will more than likely prevent your favorite team from getting to the EC Finals or the NBA Finals.

The other element is partly rooted in jealousy. If he were a Hawk, hardly anything would be said about his on the court antics, his ego, or his will to win.

People really see his move to Cleveland as him "running away"? If he had stayed in Miami, the Heat would be contenders to win the East again. Instead, he goes to a Cleveland team with 1 young star. Then a star on another bad team joins those 2.

If we had a player here that could attract high quality players to play with him, he would be beloved in Atlanta.

Hating Lebron is like hating your neighbor if he bought a Maserati or a Lambo, thinking that he only bought that type of car to show off in. Forget that may have the money to buy that type of vehicle, people hate him for even having it .... when they know they can't have one.

That's all nonsense. I didn't "hate" MJ or Bird or those guys who kept us from winning. I wasn't jealous of them. They were superstar players who acted like professionals and not total douchebags. 

Plan and simple he's hated because he acts like a douche. He's like the NBA version of Kanye. 

• Like 1

That's all nonsense. I didn't "hate" MJ or Bird or those guys who kept us from winning. I wasn't jealous of them. They were superstar players who acted like professionals and not total douchebags.

Plan and simple he's hated because he acts like a douche. He's like the NBA version of Kanye.

Can you give a specific example of this "douche-like" behavior? Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators

Quoted for truth.  It isn't like there isn't a jealousy / resentment aspect to Lebron, but the guy makes it very easy to hate him even without problems with the law, etc. because he acts like a douche.

In your example, NorthCyde, your neighbor would be the one with the Lamborgini who constantly talks your ear off about how amazing he is, how important he is, and how incredible his car is without ever showing the slightest interest in you.  "People tell me all the time that I am not only the most incredible athlete but that I am their personal idol.  I get it, you know, I get it."

• Moderators

Can you give a specific example of this "douche-like" behavior?

Did you read the thread?  How about his latest quote from last week:

“Don’t take this moment for granted. This is going to be one of the — this is one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the history of sports. And we’re a part of it. And it has a lot to do with me. I understand that."

lebron-james-dancing-warm-ups-o.gif

That's not real.  Please tell me that's not real.  Problem here is none of his boys will tackle him and stop the madness.  Instead they're in the background yelling, "Go Bron-Bron, it's ya' birfday!  Did we get our allowance yet?"

It's pretty much what @AHF, @JayBirdHawk and *gasp* @Dolfan23 said.  No one denies he's a great player but he's the opposite of genuine.  There's nothing worse than a guy that acts genuine but is so clearly faking it.  It's insulting to our collective intelligence.

The only thing more insulting is people assuming disliking LeBron is "hating".  We're not required to be a fan of the guy and not being a fan of the guy doesn't mean you lack BBIQ or something (which is the media narrative for many of the talking heads).

I'd rather he be a turd like Kobe.  At least you know Kobe is what he is and isn't trying to trick you into believing he's a great guy.  Bigger problem is whatever James has is going to be emulated by players going forward.  Blech.

If you ask me Kobe is the NBA version of Kanye except he's still perceived as pre-Taylor Swift Kanye where making his usual rants about he's still the best player get's excused as "awww, it's so great that he's so confident".  Lebron is more like Jay-Z in that he makes no qualms about this being a business and that he's only concerned with managing his brand whereas fans want him to still be "real".  I don't mind it and certainly would never equate someone being self aware of the attention they garner as being more douchey than Bird and Jordan who would repeatedly taunt opponents on the court.

• Moderators

Since I am not up enough on the Kanye / Jay Z divide, I would compare Lebron to another elite athlete:  ARod.  Lebron is slightly more likable but a lot of the same behaviors are there in terms of the egocentricity, posturing, and blatant disconnect between trying to appear genuine and what he does.  Both are no-brainer HOF players, with Lebron being the more important of the two.  Now that Lebron has stepped up in the playoffs, he also holds that edge over ARod for clutch playoff moments but a lot of the same reasons that people disliked ARod even when he was all-world are the reasons that people dislike Lebron.

Congrats!  You just won the internet for worst post of the day. 

If you ask me Kobe is the NBA version of Kanye except he's still perceived as pre-Taylor Swift Kanye where making his usual rants about he's still the best player get's excused as "awww, it's so great that he's so confident".  Lebron is more like Jay-Z in that he makes no qualms about this being a business and that he's only concerned with managing his brand whereas fans want him to still be "real".  I don't mind it and certainly would never equate someone being self aware of the attention they garner as being more douchey than Bird and Jordan who would repeatedly taunt opponents on the court.

Well that's ironic since you're the post-Taylor Swift Kanye of Hawksquawk :)

Since I am not up enough on the Kanye / Jay Z divide, I would compare Lebron to another elite athlete:  ARod.  Lebron is slightly more likable but a lot of the same behaviors are there in terms of the egocentricity, posturing, and blatant disconnect between trying to appear genuine and what he does.  Both are no-brainer HOF players, with Lebron being the more important of the two.  Now that Lebron has stepped up in the playoffs, he also holds that edge over ARod for clutch playoff moments but a lot of the same reasons that people disliked ARod even when he was all-world are the reasons that people dislike Lebron.

That's a pretty good comparison. Although I would say that ARod will NOT be a hall of fame player, regardless of what he does from here on out. And I suspect he won't be doing much since he's over 40, not on the juice and his body has been broken down for years. 

I would like to point out that ARod did lead the Yankees to their last World Series title. The one and only time he's stepped up in the playoffs for us. He slumped in the World Series itself from the plate but he was on fire in the 1st two rounds that year. 

Mace is like the Flavor Flav of giving hip-hop comparisons to NBA players.

Congrats!  You just won the internet for worst post of the day.

LOL. I graciously accept my award.

All I know is that if Lebron was a Hawk, anything that he did wouldn't matter, as long as he had us on national TV and contending for championships.

All of the dancing, the picture taking with teammates, the tossing powder in the air, the "I deserve every foul call mentality", wouldn't matter one bit if he had on the Red .. the White .. and the Blue.

Atlanta is the same place that celebrated Deion's TD dances, and had no problem with Jamal Anderson doing the Dirty Bird. But people have a problem with Lebron and his personna?

If that's a bad post as well, give me another award.