What Happened to the $35 Opening Night Tickets?!

Bahamut

Why did you wait to buy tickets, when they were at record low prices?

Because Georgia Tech homecoming is the same day, and the gametime hadn't been announced yet.  Also, there was no indication that the low price promotion for this game would suddenly disappear.  The prices were low even after they announced T.I. would be performing, so it's a weird move on the team's part, when they're trying to get people back into the arena.

If it's one ting I've learned - when you see great seats at great prices - buy immediately. You snooze you loose.

I got $40 tickets in Section 116 (b4 T.I.)

Normally I would.  The issue here was whether I would even be available to go, and whether I could get rid of the tickets if I couldn't go myself.  In the end, it's no big loss.

Because Georgia Tech homecoming is the same day, and the gametime hadn't been announced yet.  Also, there was no indication that the low price promotion for this game would suddenly disappear.  The prices were low even after they announced T.I. would be performing, so it's a weird move on the team's part, when they're trying to get people back into the arena.

What makes you think they're trying to get people back into the arena? Nothing I've seen actually indicates that they are. 

If it's one ting I've learned - when you see great seats at great prices - buy immediately. You snooze you loose.

I got $40 tickets in Section 116 (b4 T.I.)

How do you know what tickets T.I. purchased. He could be sitting right there in front of you, standing up and blocking your view! 

What makes you think they're trying to get people back into the arena? Nothing I've seen actually indicates that they are. 

How do you know what tickets T.I. purchased. He could be sitting right there in front of you, standing up and blocking your view!

Some people dropped their season tickets and said they wouldn't set foot in the arena until Ferry is fired and/or Levenson sells. Where have you been the last few months? Lol

Some people dropped their season tickets and said they wouldn't set foot in the arena until Ferry is fired and/or Levenson sells. Where have you been the last few months? Lol

I know all that. My comment was meant to be sarcastic. But it's true, what have the HAWKS done to show they're trying to get people back into the arena? Seriously, what have they done? 

• Like 1

They've talked a bunch.

But actual moves that I have seen are bringing in T.I., upgrading scoreboards, putting in a 3D projector thingy, and giving people $10 food/concession if they show up before 6:45 (or is it 7?) on opening night. Those are their actual moves, they should advertise that more.

I sure do hope they still give out magnetic schedules for opening night this year though. (I didn't use the sarcasm font because I am actually serious.)

Another true statement from @hawksfanatic. See @Dolfan23, he's always right tongue.png

They've talked a bunch.

But actual moves that I have seen are bringing in T.I., upgrading scoreboards, putting in a 3D projector thingy, and giving people $10 food/concession if they show up before 6:45 (or is it 7?) on opening night. Those are their actual moves, they should advertise that more.

I sure do hope they still give out magnetic schedules for opening night this year though. (I didn't use the sarcasm font because I am actually serious.)

Talk to me when we can get through a game without a scoreboard / clock malfunction. Aren't most (if not all) teams getting the 3D thing? 

I like the food concession thing, that's a positive step. But the 1st step should be lowering ticket prices to a level that fills the arena every night. 

• Like 1

If I didn't know better, I'd have said that the suggestion of lowering prices is an issue that I always talk about when we get to attendance issues. But I know better than to think that I could have convinced you of anything!

The food concession thing cracks me up though. It is basically an idea that Levenson suggested in the email that doomed him. He said that they should use whatever gameday funds they have at halftime and put them towards "$2 off hot dogs" at halftime or whatever. So now instead of it being $2 off, they've changed it to $10 off whatever you want so long as you're in the building early enough. That is a real clever idea. I can't say enough how much I like the idea (see, not always a hater).

Well it's hard for me to talk about ticket prices since I'm not in Atlanta or going to games there but seeing how much cheaper the Grizzlies have tickets bugs me. 

The idea is even better as it encourages fans to be there at tip off. And good on you for not always being a hater. 

Well it's hard for me to talk about ticket prices since I'm not in Atlanta or going to games there but seeing how much cheaper the Grizzlies have tickets bugs me. 

The idea is even better as it encourages fans to be there at tip off. And good on you for not always being a hater. 

Atlanta fans don't show up for tip-off, kick-off or first pitch. There is nothing you can do to fix this. It's just the way it is.

Atlanta fans don't show up for tip-off, kick-off or first pitch. There is nothing you can do to fix this. It's just the way it is.

Give them a reason to get there early.  I know plenty of people that do get there before the game starts, we just need more fans like that, instead of the scenester/too-cool-for-school crowd that will pay double the price but still shuffles in late, and only because T.I. will be there.

Give them a reason to get there early.  I know plenty of people that do get there before the game starts, we just need more fans like that, instead of the scenester/too-cool-for-school crowd that will pay double the price but still shuffles in late, and only because T.I. will be there.

If I'm going to a game - I am always there for tip off.  

I just don't get strolling in during the 2nd quarter.  Especially weekend games.

Edited by JayBirdHawk