• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That Other Team You Root For

PSSSHHHRRR87

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At first i am a Hawks fan but i also root for the mavs because i am german. I became a Hawks fan because the first nba game i have seen was Hawks vs cavs(wanted to see Schröder playing)last year.The Hawks won in OT with teague absolutely destroying the cavs.Since that game i try to catch as many games as i can(at weekends because i am still at School).Excuse my Bad english.

• Like 1

Die hard Hawks fan for 31 years. They could go 0 - 82 and they'd still be my #1 team.

But with the Grizzlies in Tennessee, it enables me to also see a lot of Western Conference basketball. And since they take precedence over the Hawks when they play on the same night on SportSouth, it's hard not to follow and root for them.

One of the better weekends of my NBA Fandom took place when I drove 4.5 hours to Atlanta for Game 3 vs Orlando back in 2011, in which Jamal Crawford banked in a 3 with the shot clock winding down, to seal the game.

Then I drive back home, got about 4 hours rest and drove 3 hours to Memphis for Game 3 of the Memphis vs San Antonio series. In that game, Zach Randolph makes a 3 with the shot clock winding down to seal that game.

It was at that point in which I became a fan of what the Grizzlies were about as a team and as a franchise, and not just followed them casually. Their marketing campaign and in-arena experience is great. I'm glad Koonin has gotten our marketing where it should be.

It pisses me off when they always show the Memphis games even if the times are slotted to where they could show both. I like the grizz but dang, I rarely get to see the hawks play now.

I have always liked Golden State. Had a starter jacket back in the day. Plus Draymond being on there helps. Nuggets a little just because they are the local team.

• Moderators

What's this other team crap?  Dolf I hope you are taking notes and doing CIA type things with their accounts.  Let me guess you two team people probably have a youtube channel full of cat videos.  Or buy air rifles for home defense.  Still have the labels on your mattress.  Get outta here.

And I'm assuming you've lived your whole life in Atlanta and so have all your folks... My parents raised me in the Detroit sports home in Atlanta for 10 years and then moved me to Mississippi.  Then the Grizzlies moved to Memphis and that's what is put on the telly.  So I'm an Atlanta sports fan that roots for my family's Detroit teams and also roots for the local team in Memphis.  I didn't just randomly wake up one day and decided that I needs a good team to get me through the 13-win Hawks and jumped on a bandwagon. lol

You must spend A LOT of time watching basketball with all those teams! 

Welcome to Hawksquawk BTW.

Yes, about an hour a week. I do lots oft reading and listening to pods. Most games Start after midnight here so it's impossible to watch.
  • Like 1

Yes, about an hour a week. I do lots oft reading and listening to pods. Most games Start after midnight here so it's impossible to watch.

It isn't impossible to watch the games.I sleep until the game starts then i watch the game with an online stream and after the game i sleep again.But thats only possible at weekends.

• Like 1