How many International fans do we have on Hawksquawk?

Admin

Just curious to know as I know we've seen a large increase the past 2 years with Schröder and Pero coming over and it's a great thing IMO. I've always admired the international appeal of the Spurs and love having that for the Hawks. I've also noticed that our German friends on here are intelligent basketball fans and bring a unique perspective in many respects. 

• Like 1

I also think it's pretty cool to have an international base of fans.  IIRC, the Hawks were kind of at the forefront of the movement to display the game internationally way back in the day.

This is awesome hearing from all of our international fans.

And welcome aboard mbamba! Sad that medium Z is not a Hawk anymore but hopefully he retires with us someday.

Maybe change it to International Fans ... ahem

When we get a Canadian player I will!  JK I know we have fans from Australia and Canada but I was mostly curious about Euro fans who've come here specifically for Dennis and Pero.

Aussie fan here and only started being a fan due to Jeff Teague ... I pulled his RC card back in 2010 and I was like who the heck is this guy... he looks like a cross between Freddie Mercury and Tupac. Been rooting for him ever since.

I was part of the worldwide explosion of NBA interest thanks to basketball cards back in 1992. You couldnt help falling in love with the game when Jordan was playing, or Chris Mullin cool.png

• Like 2

This is awesome hearing from all of our international fans.

And welcome aboard mbamba! Sad that medium Z is not a Hawk anymore but hopefully he retires with us someday.

When we get a Canadian player I will!  JK I know we have fans from Australia and Canada but I was mostly curious about Euro fans who've come here specifically for Dennis and Pero.

I dunno, Dolf. Zaza "has a little European in him". Or so the scouting report says blum3.gif

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Australian fan here. I read every post on this site and have done for years, but am content leaving it at that. I guess I'm a bit lazy so I don't contribute much, but I appreciate all you guys inputting the way you do. My mate got me into Hawks in 2007 and I've seen almost every game since. He is from Melbourne too and has followed for over 20 years I think. Love the Hawks. Love the squawk at a silent distance. That is all.

• Like 4

I never really got why the Hawks where not "a big market". The other night I was in Holland doing some drinking in bars with an old friend and I told him about watching allot of b-ball lately and how the Hawks team I follow are playing a cinderella-season also with this German kid, playing team basketball, not being able to attract superstars etc. The friend of mine also didnt get why the Hawks where not a big market and he always was a fan of the Mutombo, Blaylock, Smith Hawks.

I think internationally the Hawks always had this high mid-end apeal. At least for all us 90's kids.

• Like 3

Another Aussie (Melbourne) here. Been following since the Nique days. I stop by The Squawk several times a day but never post. What a season we're having! I love that we're not getting the media credit we deserve and I guarantee that the players and Bud do too. Expanding egos are the only thing that can derail this uncharacteristic team of humble and mature NBA players.

• Like 1