• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Revisiting the 2013 Draft

lush23

Is this what we're going to consistently do now? Even though we have the top record in the East at the All-Star Break, we just have to find something to grumble and what-if about. We have our own young guys who are going to be good in this league, they're just playing behind better players right now. Their time will come.

We all love to grumble, growl.  But, a few questions:

There may be better point guards in the NBA, but, who has a better pair than the Hawks?

As we look at the two guard, who can shoot better than our own?  A second round pick.

D. Carroll, the guru of defense in Atlanta, has become a real threat from downtown.

Who else in the NBA does a better job at the price we pay for his services?

Another second round pick @ Power forward, backed up by a second round pick.

Any team around have two better second round picks filling one position?

One of the top centers in the east, chosen by opposing coaches as an all star.

Pedro, the Moose and that Brand kid all here as his backups.

Another sub, finally overcoming injuries, is a super athletic type plus we have

another great defensive star who is out for an extended time, but will return.

What I'm saying is this:  We may have missed out on a lot of good stuff along

the way but just look at all the good stuff we do have!

wild.gif

• Like 2

All of the sane fans are happy, but lush23 makes a good point, no need to dismiss it as ungrateful for what Ferry or The Group has done. As Supes points out on rare occasions, Ferry has dropped the ball hard on a few picks.

As a front office supposed to be ahead of the curve and have an eye for the diamonds in the rough, you can't miss on Gobert. You just can't. His Hollinger EWA is 6 if you're into that, I know he could've been the difference in 3 or 4 close losses for us. Spilled milk.

We've raped the Jazz for 3 of their best former players in recent memory, but Quinn ain't having it anymore.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

All of the sane fans are happy, but lush23 makes a good point, no need to dismiss it as ungrateful for what Ferry or The Group has done. As Supes points out on rare occasions, Ferry has dropped the ball hard on a few picks.

As a front office supposed to be ahead of the curve and have an eye for the diamonds in the rough, you can't miss on Gobert. You just can't. His Hollinger EWA is 6 if you're into that, I know he could've been the difference in 3 or 4 close losses for us. Spilled milk.

We've raped the Jazz for 3 of their best former players in recent memory, but Quinn ain't having it anymore.

Really? Every team missed on Gobert. That is why he was drafted so late. You can't put this as some black mark on Ferry when this kid came out of nowhere. That's absurd.

• Like 1

Really? Every team missed on Gobert. That is why he was drafted so late. You can't put this as some black mark on Ferry when this kid came out of nowhere. That's absurd.

I come from a position of ignorance on draft stocks, especially his. Seeing the player he is now, I just automatically assumed everyone saw his potential but had a huge red flag of some sort. I see what you're saying, but 27th overall isn't exactly low, no first rounder "comes from nowhere". Quinn certainly deserves a lot of credit, he's done nothing to stain his name as a developmental wizard. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1