• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Every Trade Deadline

capstone21

It would be nice to add another big man and a wing player. They don't have to be big name players. Just role players to add some extra depth. With Payne trade and Jenkins just taking up a spot. There are two spots to use. Do not get blinded by our record as if no moves need to be made. We could use few more key role players.

• Admin

Brooklyn looking like their about to tank. They don't have their pick for the next three years so you might as well get as much cap space as possible for 2016 Free Agency. 

They might be improving themselves too ... its all about chemistry ... if they get Jax and Thad Young for guys who are injured most of time and don't fit current roster ... who knows ... 

They might be improving themselves too ... its all about chemistry ... if they get Jax and Thad Young for guys who are injured most of time and don't fit current roster ... who knows ... 

I doubt it. Thad Young and Jax aren't enough and they are about to trade Deron and Joe as well. 

It would be nice to add another big man and a wing player. They don't have to be big name players. Just role players to add some extra depth. With Payne trade and Jenkins just taking up a spot. There are two spots to use. Do not get blinded by our record as if no moves need to be made. We could use few more key role players.

Agreed.

• Premium Member

Not necessarily ... you don't mess with chemistry ... 

I think the waiver route will be how we fill that last spot

you don't mess with chemistry ... 

• Premium Member

Pretty sure it's DeJesus you don't mess with...

both

you don't mess with DeJesus

you don't mess with chemistry

or a reason why fans aren't the GM? {/sarcasm}

It is probably better for the long-term success of this team to not make a trade. Paul's already been adamant about the culture of a team is a big reason why he would sign at a particular place. Sticking with your guys builds some trust and it's not like anyone we can target right now is going to greatly increase our chances this year. We're pretty damn good as is and there's no Rasheed Wallace out there we could acquire.

I know he's adament about not wanting to mess up chemistry but really if they're that fragile that they can't handle a bench player being brought in then what's the chances they're going to make it in the playoffs when things get tough?  I've never heard a championship caliber team not want to bring in someone who can help when there's no cost to the current team in terms of players to bring in that help. 

And as far as fans being GM's, well lemme just say we'd have better 1st round success the past few years if I were GM instead of Ferry I can assure you of that and I have posts to back it up. He'd kill me in the 2nd round though.

• Like 2

• Admin

I know he's adament about not wanting to mess up chemistry but really if they're that fragile that they can't handle a bench player being brought in then what's the chances they're going to make it in the playoffs when things get tough?  I've never heard a championship caliber team not want to bring in someone who can help when there's no cost to the current team in terms of players to bring in that help. 

And as far as fans being GM's, well lemme just say we'd have better 1st round success the past few years if I were GM instead of Ferry I can assure you of that and I have posts to back it up. He'd kill me in the 2nd round though.

I think he is more worried about trading one of the current core pieces for someone who will come in and play significant minutes... adding a bench player to help with the run is different