• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks face tough stretch, rebounding concerns post-break

RandomFan

My point is that I'd love to see the Hawks prove that they can consistently get outrebounded but still manage to stick to their principles and win games. That would be ideal.

My fear though (and I hope I'm proven wrong) is that we may have a hard time if we face a good rebounding team with some size in the playoffs.

During the 19 game win streak how many games were we out rebounded? Can someone post it.

The article is talking about the Hawks getting offensive rebounds, I understand why we don't go for them.

It's other teams getting their own offensive rebounds that is the problem. The number has spiked since Thabo went down.

• Premium Member

We shot lights out during the streak. Not shooting well the last few games. The shooting overcame the opponent's offensive rebounding. Now that we are not shooting as well its showing up. Hots is right a offensive rebound is a turnover.

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned awhile ago that I was working on my own piece on rebounding. I went into it not knowing what the data was going to show. In the end, it ended up repeating what (apparently) all the smart people analyzing basketball for a living are saying about rebounding. I won't spoil it here, take a look if you have the time and inclination.

http://tomamerica.com/cleaning-up-the-glass-when-rebounding-meets-analytics/

I mentioned awhile ago that I was working on my own piece on rebounding. I went into it not knowing what the data was going to show. In the end, it ended up repeating what (apparently) all the smart people analyzing basketball for a living are saying about rebounding. I won't spoil it here, take a look if you have the time and inclination.

http://tomamerica.com/cleaning-up-the-glass-when-rebounding-meets-analytics/

Good stuff Dat, but you're talking analytics so you clearly suck at life, and secretly want to inject yourself into sports because you lack athletic talent :).

With that being said, I completely agree rebounding is a bi product of good or bad behaviors. Rebounding stats should be used as one of many leading indicators to help measure the overall health of your offense and defense.

The one nuance I would add is that rebounding is a necessary evil. If a team was bad enough at it, then it would cause you to lose. I think your analysis proves historically the differential between the best rebounding team and the worst rebounding team is not big enough to influence wins and losses. I whole heartedly agree with that.

• Like 1