• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

We really need to appreciate this season. I looked on the Lakers' SB board and all they could talk about after the postgame thread was the TankRace.

I am so happy that foolishness was put to rest fairly quickly here. I wish they knew that no draft pick can come in and undo the awful job the front office has done and will continue to do.

Edited by benhillboy

We really need to appreciate this season. I looked on the Lakers' SB board and all they could talk about after the postgame thread was the TankRace.

I am so happy that foolishness was put to rest fairly quickly here. I wish they knew that no draft pick can come in and undo the awful job the front office has done and will continue to do.

I'm not sure how one would not appreciate this season.

We are at 52 wins (my preseason prediction) with 16 games to go. It's a season for the ages in my lifetime.

Are we a perfect team with no flaws - no.

But this is one helluva ride.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Some notes (and things already mentioned):

-The ball movement is really impressive to see in person.

-If anybody is slightly iso it's Mack.  He played well this game but definitely stalls the offense and doesn't swing the ball much.

-We airballed way to many 3s.

-Schröder and Horford were definitely a step above everyone else and it showed out there.  Every time Al shoots a midrange shot I felt like it was going in.  Same with a Dennis drive.

-Ugly ball by both teams in the first half.  Tons of missed free throws.

-Wish we would've clamped down and ended this one earlier but good to see Dennis and the team gut it out.

-The Staples Center is a boring experience.  All they did between timeouts was one kiss cam.  Then it was mainly ads and a bunch of crummy Lakers girls dances.  And the Lakers announcer sounds like he's half asleep.  Makes me miss all the Harry the Hawk and countless other skits I saw at Hawks games to get the crowd involved.  Ryan Cameron is a much better and involved announcer.  Too LA for me - "You will like us because it's the cool thing to do."  Not anymore since Kobe is over the hill and the team is losing.......

Sure I would've liked to have seen all the starters and a little better shooting but still feels good to experience a part of what has been a magical season so far.  In the end we came, we saw, and we conquered.  On to the next one!

A fellow LA Squawker? Whaaaaat? 

I thought about going myself but... I need money so I went to work. Lol. Last time I went to Staples it wasn't as dead... but that was for a Clippers game so.... *shrugs* 

• Like 1