• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can somebody explain the Jim Boeheim situation to me?

NJHAWK

Ive had trouble following but it seems like what they are saying is his punishment wont start till 3 years from now. In the same breath they are saying he didnt do anything that he deserves to be punished for. Im at a loss. Its very strange all the way around.

Ive had trouble following but it seems like what they are saying is his punishment wont start till 3 years from now. In the same breath they are saying he didnt do anything that he deserves to be punished for. Im at a loss. Its very strange all the way around.

I think part of the sanctions for Syracuse were that he and the athletic director had to step down but the NCAA and the school kept that under the table out of respect for his career. The school is being immediately punished and not only that but now with news of him "retiring" in 3 years we're having young talent transfer away and top recruits decommitting. As a lifelong Syracuse fan seeing Boeheim go is pretty much the nail in the coffin for our program. We won't get anyone of note to play for us over the next 2 years and we don't have any ex-players who are big enough names in coaching to succeed him. Unless some big name coach comes from another big school and replaces him I think you'll see the figurative end of competitive Syracuse basketball. 

"See, what had happened was UNC got in trouble for having paper classes.  Yea, yea, we had thought we swept this tomfoolery underneath the Marvin Williams warmups back over yonder but them sissy "academics" had to go snooping around again!  But like that's a blue blood college program, right?  Actual royalty!  You can't honestly be telling me that you gone actually levy sanctions on Cah'owlina, right?!  Maybe the football team you can get away with that stuff but the Men's Basketball Team?!  Naw!  Hell naw!  So what then?  Well find another program to take the heat off.  No, no, no, we won't offer any of our beloved ACC schools up to the slaughter but how bout one a them Big East schools we bought acquired?  Yea, that sounds right, but make sure it's a juicy one too, gotta take all this heat off them Tar Heels."

seersucker.jpg

How ACC admins justify all of their actions*

"See, what had happened was UNC got in trouble for having paper classes.  Yea, yea, we had thought we swept this tomfoolery underneath the Marvin Williams warmups back over yonder but them sissy "academics" had to go snooping around again!  But like that's a blue blood college program, right?  Actual royalty!  You can't honestly be telling me that you gone actually levy sanctions on Cah'owlina, right?!  Maybe the football team you can get away with that stuff but the Men's Basketball Team?!  Naw!  Hell naw!  So what then?  Well find another program to take the heat off.  No, no, no, we won't offer any of our beloved ACC schools up to the slaughter but how bout one a them Big East schools we bought acquired?  Yea, that sounds right, but make sure it's a juicy one too, gotta take all this heat off them Tar Heels."

seersucker.jpg

How ACC admins justify all of their actions*

I say, I say, I read that whole post in Foghorn Leghorn voice.  You're right though.  What you missed is the real reason 'Cuse got sacrificed.  Remember when Bayheim made all that noise about having the ACCT in Greensboro rather than the 'big city'?  He put his head (and Syracuse's head) on the chopping block at that very moment.

To @Dolfan23 I'll offer my condolences.  As a GT fan I know a whole lot about self-imposed basketball purgatory.  Take heart that Syracuse still has some of that old Big East cache to attract a guy like Bobby Hurley or some other young coaching prospect.  No need to look for a former player necessarily.  Let the Hopkins guy take the inevitable lumps or prove himself.

Either way, tread water until you come out the other side.  In the meantime, battle it out with GT for last place until we can afford to get out from under paying 3 head basketball coaches.  Oy vey or STTE!

Yeah that was pretty funny Mace I'll give ya that. I read it in the southern professor from The Waterboy's voice though. 

KG I would love to think that this isn't truly a death sentence for Syracuse but we have enough trouble finding elite prospects to play for us even with one of the best coaches of all-time. Unless we get a coach who runs a star oriented system I can't see a team concept attracting many top shelf prospects under a coach with no winning college basketball history behind him. 

Starting to think Dolly is bad luck, honestly.

Yankees? Who's who of steroid abusers.

'Cuse?  Well, here we are.

The U? .......need we say more?

Dolphins?  Made bullying an actual thing in football.

Hawks? Paging Daniel John Willard Ferry.

Somebody get this man season tickets to the Cavs, we need to ramp up the "Kevin Love doesn't eat Chipotle with the rest of the team" nonsense into "LeBron utilizes Nike sweatshops to manufacture HGH, threw Finals to settle gambling debt" level scandals.

Somebody get this man season tickets to the Cavs, we need to ramp up the "Kevin Love doesn't eat Chipotle with the rest of the team" nonsense into "LeBron utilizes Nike sweatshops to manufacture HGH, threw Finals to settle gambling debt" level scandals.

Jeez when you put it like that... I do seem to have a type that's for sure. 

• Like 1

That's what happens when you talk shit about Denny's.

Have I talked shit about Denny's? I talk so much of that I can't even keep it straight. But if I did then I apologize as I'm sure that's probably one of the nicer establishments for chewing tobaccy folk such as yourself. 

Have I talked shit about Denny's? I talk so much of that I can't even keep it straight. But if I did then I apologize as I'm sure that's probably one of the nicer establishments for chewing tobaccy folk such as yourself.

“I’m sure there’s a couple of Denny’s down there,” he cracked. Well, actually Jim, there aren’t any Denny’s in Greensboro. I know. I drove all around the city Friday morning looking for one.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/40962/no-dennys-in-greensboro-now-whats-boeheim-going-to-do/

I'm more of a Waffle House man myself.

With all this in mind, I'm circulating a petition to force Dolly to use a Cavs-centric avatar just to get the bad mojo off us.

Could this somehow get Syracuse knoked back down to the Big East, Part of me would love to see that. Dam I wish it never broke up. Everybody wants the controled absolute power of the ncaa football South Eastern conference had for years. It seems to have just ruined tradition while they race to build another power conference. .Go back to the days of the Orange, Hoyas,St. Johns Unconn, SIX FOULS etc, and hell just cause Im a fan add Xavier

Edited by NJHAWK

With all this in mind, I'm circulating a petition to force Dolly to use a Cavs-centric avatar just to get the bad mojo off us.

Unfortunately you don't carry enough weight (not literally as we all imagine you more than carry enough weight for a few people) but figuratively in terms of being able to get a petition signed by anyone of note. 

Some of those girls  that work at Waffle Houses make me think of Large Marge from pee wee Herman. Id go with Cracker Barrell if I was him. On a side note isnt it ironic that the Dwarf House serves a great cheese burger,lol.

Edited by NJHAWK

Unfortunately you don't carry enough weight (not literally as we all imagine you more than carry enough weight for a few people) but figuratively in terms of being able to get a petition signed by anyone of note. 

I don't know about that.  I've garnered a ground swell of support during your incarceration - er- "work-related" absence.  The #freekg01 campaign is in full effect.