• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What has Theo Done....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm tired of hearing people say... We shouldn't trade Theo away because we would be a horrible defensive team??

I believe that Theo needs to go to a team with better rebounders and a big PF becuase he is doing us NO GOOD.

2 examples...

Theo to Indy for Harrington/Pollard. Theo playing with Artest, Oneal, is a good front court. He would prosper there.

#2.. (my personal favorite)....

Theo/Jax/JT to Phoenix

White to Utah.

Marbury to Atlanta.

Theo/Stoudamire/Marion is probably the best defensive Frontcourt in the history of basketball. Marion and Stoudamire rebounds very well. Theo/Marion are really good defenders. Stoudamire is strong enough to matchup with any C.

Alot of people think the Hawks would give up alot

more points without Theo. I dissagree...Whatever

points Theo saves on blocks the Hawks give up

in offensive rebounds and extra scoring chances...

IF we can rebound better from the center spot then

those less offensive rebounds given up would make

up for Theo. And we wouldn't have a center that is

crippled on offense.

• Premium Member

I don't know if Knight is going to pull the trigger on any deal.

What has been very quiet is the NHL and NBA meetings. I heard that NHL was supposed to had voted on Atl Spirit last week. It was my assumption that the NBA was the hold up. I figure that since Knight was part of the last regime that he won't be allowed to make any moves... He's a true lame duck.

I think he just sits and reports good trading opps. I think that right now, many contenders are calling and asking about Theo. For instance, PTL is looking to continue their fire sell. I heard they have a deal in Milwaukee to get rid of Patterson. However, I think they'd be interested in Theo too. Maybe Theo/Filler for Dale Davis/Filler?

Davis is a rebounder. I just don't know how many more years you can get out of Davis?

I'm not so sure that Knight's a lame duck. I think Stotts will be gone in a year, but I could see Knight staying. Also, I think that with the Big Dog trade we saw that trades are possible. My guess is that AOL has an agreement by which the new owners are already basically calling the shots on player movements, perhaps hinging on AOL approval every time. The new ownership will go through and AOL understands that.

Also he wasn't really a part of the last 'regime'. He came in when it was already clear that AOL was on their way out, negotiating the sale. The last regime was that of babcock, and thank God he's gone.

If he is a lame duck, who do we even hope they can get? I see no obvious candidates. I see many candidates for coaching though.

i definitely agree DIESEL.

i rather get an allaround center... i really like Jamaal Maglorie.

Ratliff is a very good blocker, but his weaknesses outweigh his strengths.

he would be a perfect fit with INDY. Oneal is good enuf offensive player and rebounder to make it work. not to mention he plays defense. also, Artest is a very strong SF. it'll work

but why are u so high on Harrington/Pollard? or do u think Ratliffs value = just Harrington and Pollard?