• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

• Admin
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

NYPD CALLS BS ON ABUSE... 'Force Was Justified'

The NYPD officers who subdued and arrested NBA star Thabo Sefolosha last year were completely justified in their action, so says the NYPD ... despite Thabo's claim he suffered serious injuries during the incident.

You know the backstory ... the ATL Hawks star got into it with NYPD officers back in April 2015 outside of 1 OAK nightclub ... minutes after a fellow NBA player was stabbed nearby. 

Sefolosha was initially arrested for obstructing justice and disorderly conduct -- but he took the case to trial and was eventually exonerated. 

Thabo claimed the officers used excessive force -- striking him with a baton, forcing him to the ground and handcuffing him. Thabo claims he suffered a broken leg and ligament damage.

Thabo had sued the 5 officers and the City of NY seeking up to $50 million in damages.

Now, the City of NY has responded -- and officials are backing the cops.

In court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, the City states, "Any force was reasonable and justified."

As for the alleged injuries -- the City blames Thabo ... saying, "Any injury alleged to have been sustained resulted from [Sefolosha's] own culpable or negligent conduct or the culpable or negligent conduct of others." 

The City wants the judge to throw out the case. We're guessing that ain't gonna happen. 

Stay tuned ... 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/27/thabo-sefolosha-nypd-lawsuit/

I guess they didn't watch the video

• Like 4

• Moderators

They are just quoting from the answer to Thabo's complaint and motion to dismiss.  They have to make their arguments as best they can.  The best argument is that the actions were justified and therefore entitled to immunity under the law.  I think that one is a loser but they have to put their best foot forward.  Non-news.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Also, a reminder that the last NBA person to accost/be accosted by someone at this same intersection, after leaving 1OAK nightclub in the middle of the night, completely ignoring his Mama's sage advice, was this guy...

I'd say he turned out alright.

~lw3

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

Also, a reminder that the last NBA person to accost/be accosted by someone at this same intersection, after leaving 1OAK nightclub in the middle of the night, completely ignoring his Mama's sage advice, was this guy...

I'd say he turned out alright.

~lw3

I wouldn't say he turned out alright...lol...the guy still can't find his shirt lol

• 2 months later...