• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/8/8368887/chris-copeland-stabbed-hawks-arrested-pero-Antić-thabo-sefolosha

Indiana Pacers forward Chris Copeland was stabbed and his wife slashed by a knife in a New York City nightclub incident on Wednesday, according to a wild report by the New York Daily News. Two Atlanta Hawks -- Pero Antić andThabo Sefolosha -- were also reportedly arrested on charges of obstructing justice as a part of the incident.

The Pacers had been in New York preparing to play against Copeland's former team, theKnicks. The teams meet on Wednesday. The Hawks had beaten the Suns in Atlanta on Tuesday before flying to New York, where they'll face the Nets on Wednesday. Antić and Sefolosha could only have physically been in NYC for a couple hours before the apparent arrests.

A suspect in the stabbings was arrested, according to the Daily News. There's no word yet on the severity of injuries for Copeland and his wife nor whether Antić and Sefolosha remain in custody. The report cited anonymous sources who said the Hawks refused to move when cops were attempting to set up a crime scene.

When I first read this I saw, "Chris Copeland/wife stabbed, Antić/Sefolosha arrested".  I was like, WTF!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/indiana-pacers-chris-copeland-stabbed-nyc-club-article-1.2177265?utm_content=bufferff4cf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Sounds like overzealous cops to me.  Our guys probably didn't move away fast enough for some cop's liking or were questioning what was going on or w/e.  This is probably no big deal w.r.t. their having been arrested.

On the other hand, hope Copeland and wife are ok.

Best wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Copeland!

Also, no clubbing in the middle of the night in NYC, fellas! Especially the night before a back-to-back! nono.gif

Not quite Eugene Robinson, quality, but our "vets" should know better. Thabo and Pero will probably get a suspension but I doubt the charges will get anywhere once they sic some lawyers on 'em.

I'm just glad they can still breathe.

~lw3

ISWYDT  They must not watch the news.  Last thing I wanna do, even more now than ever, is encounter the cops.

Also, I don't think a suspension from the league is warranted (depending on the details).  I do, however, think the team should sit them.

• Moderators
Sefolosha and Antić were reportedly also charged with resisting arrest and menacing, respectively.

dennis_the_menace-logo-4b3df4c3ff-seeklo

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/pacers-forward-chris-copeland-stabbed-outside-new-york-city-nightclub-120638294.html

TATTOOED 6-FOOT-11 MACEDONIAN LIVES MATTER!

~lw3

• Like 2

If Stern was in charge, they'd be gone for the season. In all seriousness though, I think the team sits them if nothing else comes forth.

And they must not get the news on their TV sets. The last group of folks you want to mess with are the cops. They're not playing around anymore...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

• Moderators

According to the Yahoo! article, the slasher/stabber and one of the slashee/stabbees knew each other, somehow. No idea how they were connected to the players, although hopefully they weren't shoe models. 

Indiana Pacers forward Chris Copeland, 31, a former member of the Knicks, was stabbed in the abdomen around 4 a.m., the New York Daily News reported. His wife, Katrine Saltara, 28, and another woman were also slashed during the argument. All three were rushed to area hospitals and are expected to recover.

Shezoy Bleary, 22, was arrested for allegedly striking Copeland, Saltara and 53-year-old Catherine Somani with a knife outside celebrity nightclub 1 OAK. Bleary and Somani were reportedly acquaintances.

~lw3

I'll wait for all of the facts. You never know what happen when you weren't there. 

Agree totally.  Guys could've been just standing there and some wannabe police chief decides to haul everybody in.

On the other hand, they could've been really in the wrong.

• Moderators

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/08/chris-copeland-stabbed_n_7024090.html

The incident began during an argument between Copeland and his wife. Shezoy Bleary, 22, interrupted the couple and Copeland asked him to leave. That's when Bleary pulled out a knife and began attacking, a police source told The New York Post.

A second woman, 53-year-old Catherine Somani, was also slashed in the abdomen during the altercation. Police told the Daily News that Somani knows Bleary, and was accidentally stabbed by him.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Best wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Copeland!

Also, no clubbing in the middle of the night in NYC, fellas! Especially the night before a back-to-back! nono.gif

Not quite Eugene Robinson, quality, but our "vets" should know better. Thabo and Pero will probably get a suspension but I doubt the charges will get anywhere once they sic some lawyers on 'em.

I'm just glad they can still breathe.

~lw3

I am glad that I was not the only one who when reading the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this story this morning was Eugene Robinson and how he sabotaged the Falcons in the SB. These two knuckleheads I hope are not going to be prosecuted or suspended for this crap.

Edited by Sothron
  • Like 3

@ 4 A.M. ?

Why?  What are the 2 Hawks doing out at a nightclub in NY?

Hard to say what went on with the police.  Either side could be right.

Had to be there to be sure.

Suspended for the remainder of the season and the playoffs?

Just what we need.

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

@ 4 A.M. ?

Why? What are the 2 Hawks doing out at a nightclub in NY?

Hard to say what went on with the police. Either side could be right.

Had to be there to be sure.

Suspended for the remainder of the season and the playoffs?

Just what we need.

Yep, play a game in Atlanta, hop on a plane to NY, go straight to a club wirh a game tonight, sounds ideal :-/.

Why are we talking these lengthy suspensions? Greg Monroe got a 2 game suspension AFTER he pleaded guilty to impaired driving, Kidd also got a 2 game suspension AFTER pleading guilty. Has Coach Bud's case been adjudicated yet? As far as I know he didn't get punished since case is still unresolved.

Facts to be determined, case adjudicated before punishment levied. (Since we aren't the NFL)