• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

• Moderators

The Times article clarifies Pero's "physically grabbing" allegation came about as a result of his (surely panicked) reaction to Thabo getting arrested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/09/nyregion/pacers-chris-copeland-stabbed-outside-manhattan-club.html?ref=nyregion&_r=2

EDIT: also, regarding the stabbing, the police's initial detailing doesn't jibe exactly with the "out of nowhere, some civilian showed up with a knife" story.

The police said they believed the attacker had been trying to listen in on a conversation involving Mr. Copeland, and that touched off the violent encounter.

Wondering if the stabber can claim self-defense, although he may have gotten a tad overzealous...

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I know we have had our disagreements about this type of thing but don't you think you're grossly generalizing what's probably the best police department in the world? 

Best in the world??? It's crazy how the race of a man can greatly impact his opinion on a subject. I don't have a great deal of respect for that department. I respect the City of Atlanta officers more than them for SO many different reasons. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

~lw3

I just think it's funny if you asked who is the best QB? We all will say Brady or Manning. 

We ask best Bball player? Lebron

We ask best Baseball player and you will get? Trout or Kershaw. 

Ask best police unit and NYPD would come out as the worst while some will say it's the best and depending on the person or it's race, they would be right either way. 

There will definitely be some suspensions here ... hopefully they will be back by playoff time.

I'm not so sure.  Monroe got 2 games for pleading guilty to impaired driving IIRC.  What Antić/Sefo allegedly did is far less serious.  I'd say a fine plus team discipline.

~lw3

Which court?  Badumpa!  Here all week folks.  Tip your Dolfan

• Moderators

There are 2,000 sides to every story...

~lw3

"The other Hawk arrested, Pero Antić, was charged with obstructing governmental administration, menacing and disorderly conduct. While Mr. Sefolosha was being arrested, the police said, Mr. Antić “physically grabbed another police officer.”

Why can't we get some of this disorderly conduct and physical stuff from Pero on the court?

Dude is softer than a marshmellow out there.  Anyway, hopefully they will suspend Pero through the playoffs so 

Moose can play instead and Thabo will be free and clear. 

And really Thabo?   Just leave the damn bar when the police tell you to leave!!  WTF???  And why the heck are these guys out until 4 AM???

• Moderators

Techincally Pero is only a 2nd year NBA player :-).

I'm guessing he managed to skip the whole Rookie Orientation thing!

~lw3

No truth to the rumor that Thabo was trying to use a Pero screen to flee the fuzz.

~lw3

• Like 1