• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If there is one game I can point to where I started worrying

KenDixon

about this team, it was that loss at Boston when we had a huge lead. Great teams don't let that kind of team beat them. If it had been Washington, Cleveland, etc. I'd understand. But Boston is a losing team who only made the playoffs because the East is so weak after you get past the top 5 teams. 

I was still surprised it took us 6 to get past Brooklyn. I'm not shocked we lost the first to Washington. We look tired and like we don't have our legs on the treys. I'm hoping three days of rest will help us get that back. But we sure have been missing a lot of long range shots that are open for the taking. 

What say you guys?

Even 'great' teams, which this Hawks team still needs to prove it is, lose in strange ways. It is an 82 game season, weird things are going to happen.

That the Hawks went six games with the Nets isn't a worry. Match-ups, injury, and a host of other factors come into play. For one, Millsap wasn't right at the beginning of the Nets series. I think he's still hurt but is gutting it out.

Main point, let it play out then make judgments. In the interim enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

I agree. With Thabo out and Millsap, Horf, Teague and Scott nicked up I dont expect us to roll through teams at this point. Its gonna be a grind the rest if the way no matter what. We just have to continue to find ways to win games.

Losing Thabo was a pretty big deal.  I get the feeling that Bazemore is still adapting to his increased role and I have to hope that he will get comfortable and be more of a positive force for us here shortly. 

Another thing, I think during the regular season when we got teams down early and were playing with a fast pace some teams tended to look at it like "it's an 82 game season - no use in burning all that effort trying to make a comeback that probably won't happen anyway".  Now that we are in the playoffs we have to stick with the type of ball that got us the big lead in the first place and keep the hammer down.  We can't get cute and coast out the game.  If we pull the turnover cr@p our opponent will jump back in the game and they will try for all 48 minutes.

Talented teams (which we are) are able to get big leads...mature teams (which we sometimes need work on) are able to hold on to them.

Edited by DJlaysitup