• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Season

jmac54

Ok. So let's start Bazemore at SG. Bring Kyle off bench. Let Millsap walk. Bring in a True Center. Move Al to PF. And we're going to win the East. Bazemore could be an absolute stud for us starting at SG. Kyle is no more then a 6 or 7th man.Also I dont hate Demarre But if he's too pricey I would rather throw 10-12 mil on a goto scoring wing who we can give the ball to and say here....get us a bucket. Millsap is gunna be 31 next year so it would be foolish to throw any big contract at him. Which he will demand. Mike Scott And Antić can also go away too.

PG - Teague. Schröder. Mack

SG - Bazemore. Korver. Whoever.

SF - Demarre Or Sign a sick SF. Sefolosha

PF - Horford

C - Monroe? DeAndre? Gasol? Aldridge? (Can split time with AL at C)

Possible Small Forwards we could get via trade or signing

Kevin Martin

Rudy Gay

Wilson Chandler

This is if we don't keep Carroll. If we do keep him then we could draft and develop a wing guy behind Sef And Demarre

I think Baz could develop into a starting caliber 2 but he has mental lapses that have to get fixed and improve footwork on d gets out of position a lot. His three ball needs to improve to really be a good starting 2. KK as a sixth man would be deadly.

I think DMC played his way to contract the Hawks won't match. A bottom dweller is likely to throw stupid money at DMC. Sap does so many things for us that makes our motion offense go I really hate to lose him and I also wonder if we all would really love Al at the 4 as much as we think. Sap can do a lot of things as a stretch 4 that I'm not sure Al would do as well.

While I agree, and would LOVE, to see a true 5 that defends the rim, rebounds on both ends, and had a low post offensive game, they are find to actually land.

Aldridge I really think will take the extra year and money and stay in Portland. If not that he is a Texas boy and I think he heads to one of the Texas teams. I alsI worry about injuries. He has had minor issues several times those could become major ones as he gets older.

Monroe doesn't defend the rim at all, look at his blocks per game, and his feet are slow on D. With our switching style of defensive I think we will all be bitching about him getting to his assignment late and not moving. I also question his passing ability.

Jordan could be a major looker room issue and I don't see him adjusting to Hawks motion offense well. He also takes plays off on defense and I could see him frustrated with his number of touches and the expectation to pass out of the post. He wants to catch lobs attack the rim not draw the defense and find a shooter. I also think he is definetly going to take the extra year and money and stay put.

Gasol intrigues me. Defends the rim, great defender, low post moves and playing beside Al and in our system he will have some space to play. He is open, according to rumor reports, to seeing what is out there. I hope the Hawks go after him. My only question is if he is truly a max talent. I also didn't watch enough Grizz to see how he passes or moves without the ball on offense.

A healthy Lopez would also be a great option and will be cheaper. If Sap gives a home town discount because he loves the city and the team and we could sign both a second I would be in heaven (don't know if that is even cap feasible). Sap is a total team what's my role guy. If our second unit was KK, Sap, Dennis, and Thabo we would have the best bench in the league by a wide margin. Again that's a total pipe dream though.

Last thoughts that beast we drafted last year could possible come over and be some help at the 5 late in the year.

• Premium Member

I really like Bazemore, but he's not the guy that's going to make Korver a sixth man. I do agree that the Hawks need more shooting and athleticism on the wing as teams exploited Korver to an extent in the playoffs. I also think he's more suited for a sixth man role at this point in his career.

Depending on who you ask around here, Bazemore is either a starter or the last guy off the bench. I hope bud and Danny know what they're doing.

I think that is due the inconsistency. I see such flashes of brilliance followed by a poor decision on theory their end. If he can up his mental game, improve his 3 ball, foul shooting, and defensive footwork I think we have a starting caliber player. But we could have just what we saw this year and never anything more.

I have high hopes. He played really small college ball (old dominion I think). This is his third year to adjust to a massive jump in play. I really think and hope he may break out in his 4th year. His definecies are things you can really improve threw effort and practice.