• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Free Agent Max Contracts Calculated By Reddit User

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Awesome breakdown for those of us that wonder what each player's max contract would be if they signed with the Hawks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2t4bq5/max_salaries_for_the_top_2015_free_agents_with/

The top players that most will be concerned with (first year max salaries):

• Draymond Green, Kawhi Leonard, Wesley Matthews, Greg Monroe: $15.5 mil
  • Jimmy Butler, Enes Kanter: $$15.5 mil
  • Arron Afflalo, Lemarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Deandre Jordan,Kevin Love: $18.6 mil
  • Tyson Chandler: $21.7 mil
  • Paul Millsap: $18.6 mil
  • Al Jefferson: $21.7 mil
  • Monta Ellis: $21.7 mil
  • LeBron James: $21.7 mil

Of course guys like Green, Matthews, Kanter, or Afflalo won't get the max, but this is just a showing of what their max could be (has to be updated to the new cap in July).  I'd offer Monroe or Butler $15.5 mil. Afflalo is interesting too.

Note: Our Hawks will have about $24 mil in cap space sans cap holds based on last year's cap. Will have to be evaluated again once July gets here.

• Admin

Awesome breakdown for those of us that wonder what each player's max contract would be if they signed with the Hawks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2t4bq5/max_salaries_for_the_top_2015_free_agents_with/

The top players that most will be concerned with (first year max salaries):

• Draymond Green, Kawhi Leonard, Wesley Matthews, Greg Monroe: $15.5 mil
  • Jimmy Butler, Enes Kanter: $$15.5 mil
  • Arron Afflalo, Lemarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Deandre Jordan,Kevin Love: $18.6 mil
  • Tyson Chandler: $21.7 mil
  • Paul Millsap: $18.6 mil
  • Al Jefferson: $21.7 mil
  • Monta Ellis: $21.7 mil
  • LeBron James: $21.7 mil
Of course guys like Green, Matthews, Kanter, or Afflalo won't get the max, but this is just a showing of what their max could be (has to be updated to the new cap in July).  I'd offer Monroe or Butler $15.5 mil. Afflalo is interesting too.

Note: Our Hawks will have about $24 mil in cap space sans cap holds based on last year's cap. Will have to be evaluated again once July gets here.

affalo for our sixth man would be a great get at around 5 million ... Monroe has been growing on me ... Reading a lot of Piston fans view of him ... Could answer some needs But he is not a good defender. Another guy who could be had for cheap to help our bench is Ed Davis ... Good rebounder and can defend.

• Moderators

Sap needs a big center next to him to be successful.  He simply isn't big enough to fight with 7 footers for rebounds and have an effective post game.

I think Sacramento would be an awesome fit for Sap... Maybe a reunion with Jefferson in Charlotte too.

• Admin

Afflalo for 5 million isn't gonna happen.

no u r correct ..he will command somewhere between 8 - 10 million. I don't want to pay that much ... He would be a great fit though but not at 10 million Edited by capstone21

Max out jimmy butler, if we cant get him resign demarre. jimmy and thabo starting with korver would be nice.

Resign sap, bring over edy and sign one more defensive cheap big like Ed davis.

Enes kanter sounds like he could blossom with coach bud. he would be an upgrade over pero.

Yeah, the guy who calculated that? He's wrong. Flat out wrong with lots of what he did.

I'd go through all the ways he's wrong but it's really a waste of time. Wait until July when the numbers are released.