• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falling in love

With Hollis-Jefferson...serious Tony Allen (FIRST TEAM DEFENSE) goin on. Bud can teach him how to shoot 3's and we got Brice Bowen. Dooooo iiittt.

• Premium Member

Negative Nelly here (for the second time already this morning... maybe I need coffee...)

Can't justify to myself taking that kind of project at #15. I'd have to move back. (Which, actually, isn't totally outside the realm of possibility, though I know we're mainly only hearing about moving up for now.)

Edited by sturt

Here is a recent predraft workout video of Hollis-Jefferson and Dekker.   Jefferson shot the ball okay, just seems his release is slow.  Nice to see Dekker encouraging him during the shooting drills.

• Premium Member

I tell ya... if I'd seen more in-game passing skills out of Dekker, I'd really, really, really like that player. As it is, regardless, he's certainly someone I'd feel good about @ 15.

Negative Nelly here (for the second time already this morning... maybe I need coffee...)

Can't justify to myself taking that kind of project at #15. I'd have to move back. (Which, actually, isn't totally outside the realm of possibility, though I know we're mainly only hearing about moving up for now.)

That's the thing though. Hollis-Jefferson isn't a project at all. He's an NBA ready guy and would contribute in year 1.

• Premium Member

That's the thing though. Hollis-Jefferson isn't a project at all. He's an NBA ready guy and would contribute in year 1.

Defensively, he could start for an NBA team right now. But he needs to get that jumper going. Better ball handling wouldn't hurt either. Other than that, he's got a great motor and loves playing defense. He reminds me a little of Iggy without the handle and an even worse shot. Fixing his jumper should be priority #1 if he comes here.

• Premium Member

See, based on previous experience under the Bud regime, it's just hard for me to see a rookie doing that. But maybe I'm wrong in basing my perception on recent history. So, how many minutes do you contend he'd get right off the bat?

With Hollis-Jefferson...serious Tony Allen (FIRST TEAM DEFENSE) goin on. Bud can teach him how to shoot 3's and we got Brice Bowen. Dooooo iiittt.

If we stay at 15 this is the player I see is taking. Reminds me of the same "type" of player a Kawhi; now I didn't say the same player, I said the same "type." From the perspective that he is a great defensive player whose offensive game needs a lot of work. Kawhi was obviously a better player, but had the same offensive problems coming out.

I'd rather have a player with one elite skill, especially defense, and then coach him up like Bud did with Kawhi, and then with DMC.

See, based on previous experience under the Bud regime, it's just hard for me to see a rookie doing that. But maybe I'm wrong in basing my perception on recent history. So, how many minutes do you contend he'd get right off the bat?

For the season I'd say 12-18 minutes a night. I just feel he would grow really well under Bud. His shot doesn't look as bad as Tony Allen's...it's still a slow release but Allen's looks like crap mechanically.