• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reported trade from ESPN

Hairydawgz

And I'm looking at this with rose colored glasses.  I like the Oubre pick.  I'm just hoping that we're doing this for a reason.  I'm hoping that we're trading down to still get the player we really want along with a cheaper salary and 2 future 2nd rounders (which have been pretty valuable for us the past couple of years).

2nd round picks are more like 7th round picks in the NFL. It is rare you get one that makes any impact.

The only reason I can think we made this trade was to lower the rookie contract for the cap to try and maybe sign someone as a FA

Exactly. And why not get some gamble 2nd rounders, too? We've done pretty well with them over the last few years.

It only took a month to show the Hawks were a fraud.

A 600K difference between the 15th and 19th picks last season. Cheap is cheap.

It's gonna be RHJ. Did you see his face when Hawks picked Oubre? He looked confused, as in "Dafuq?" Then the trade came. Hawks take Jefferson with the 19th pick. I call it!

"Swimmy, Swammy, Swanson......oh here it is... SAMSONite. Hahaaaa, I was WAY off :P " ~ Lloyd

Trading within your division is stupid. Trading with a team in your division who you just battled for six games is beyond stupid.

Welcome to the Bud era of player movement.

It's CHESS Not CHECKERS man...we are contending for the Eastern Conference and hopefully NBA Finals, having a raw rookie that would not even see the floor does not help us...

Hardaway can learn Bud's system while Korver is recovering and even learn the game from Korver; I would much rather have Hardaway than a Monta Ellis player who is set in his ways.. This may actually pave the way for Milsap to be traded, we are now further strechting the floor....Imagine having ALdridge or Gasol....Stay TUned Hawks Fans

Edited by wolvetigers

Not 100% sold but I believe in what Bud does so I'll wait until November to judge it.

SURPRISE. Alex looks dumb.

Tim Hardaway Jr. is also a Michigan player, so he's going to hate him as much as possible.

We should have traded for a mediocre Michigan St. player so he would not blame this staff anymore.

• Like 1

It's CHESS Not CHECKERS man...we are contending for the Eastern Conference and hopefully NBA Finals, having a raw rookie that would not even see the floor does not help us...

Hardaway can learn Bud's system while Korver is recovering and even learn the game from Korver; I would much rather have Hardaway than a Monta Ellis player who is set in his ways.. This may actually pave the way for Milsap to be traded, we are now further strechting the floor....Imagine having ALdridge or Gasol....Stay TUned Hawks Fans

Thats the same dumb crap people were saying when the Falcons went 13-3 in 2012 and did nothing to get better even though their flaws were seriously exposed. Going into next season with pretty much the same main guys is suicide. This year was a fluke until proven other wise. If we go into next season and our PG is once again the only guy on the floor that can make plays consistently off the dribble then we're nothing more than regular season superstars again

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

Thats the same dumb crap people were saying when the Falcons went 13-3 in 2012 and did nothing to get better even though their flaws were seriously exposed. Going into next season with pretty much the same main guys is suicide. This year was a fluke until proven other wise. If we go into next season and our PG is once again the only guy on the floor that can make plays consistently off the dribble then we're nothing more than regular season superstars again

Now I'm not in the Hawks front office, but it sure seems like we are getting guys to stretch the floor......maybe Milsap is gone and a BIg man like Aldridge or Gasol who said the Like ATL is on the way.