• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone like the Hawks Draft?

BraveSeminole

I am certainly not an NBA Draft expert but the Hawks draft tonight certainly left me scratching my head!  I figured the Hawks would give me some surprises but I just didn't count on quite this much!  I will have to confess that I did a lousy job on my mock Draft picks for the Hawks!!!

Just curious - Do any other Hawks fans feel good about tonight's transactions by the Hawks?  I would love to read them so I can start feeling better!

I hope I don't offend anyone but I still wish Danny Ferry was the Hawks GM!!!

I guess i like Our first 2nd round pick Marcus Erikkson

Copied from Nbadraft.net

NBA Comparison: John Scheyer

Strenghts: As a 6-7 SG, he has terrific size for the role, combined with a remarkable wingspan ... He’s a sharp shooter with fluid mechanics, smooth and quick release and range ... His shooting repertoire is complete, both pull-up jumpers and spot-up ... Over the last couple of years he has developed a floater, showing more aggressiveness in attacking the rim ... Defensively, his wingspan makes him a solid threat in the passing lanes. 

Weaknesses: 93 born and still far too skinny to withstand contact at the NBA level .. A decent athlete but not very explosive, his legs are long compared to his upper body, negatively affecting his balance ... He’s not very effective nor creative in ISO situations, he’s better in the off the ball game using screens and cuts ... His lateral speed is average. Defensively he will likely struggle against more explosive and quicker opponents. 

Notes: He made his debut with KFUM Uppsala during the 2009-10 season. He moved to Spain for the 2010-11 season by Manresa Basquet. Signed for the 2011-12 season by FC Barcelona, played with FC Barcelona 2nd team in LEB Silver and the 2012-13 LEB Gold. Sent on loan for 2013-14 season to Manresa Basquet. Has been member of the Swedish U-16, U-18 and U-20 National Team. Member of the Swedish National Team ... Was drafted by Atlanta with the 50th pick in the 2015 NBA draft ...

I actually liked what we did.  From what I've read in a few places it makes complete sense.  We need players that can help right now which is what we got in Hardaway.  He didn't necessarily fit a need but he's still more of an impact player from day one than a guy at 15/19 would have been.  Or at least that's my opinion.

Now the second round is another story.  Complete waste of picks.