• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Daye and Muscala

Diesel

• Premium Member

Daye we are dropping unless we are including him in a trade.  He isn't roster worthy.  Moose I don't think we'll just drop.

I was reading somewhere that the only way that we could afford to take on Splitter's contract is that we had to drop both of our non-guaranteed contracts.  That's Daye and Moose.  I would like to see what both guys have to offer but I think that was the deal and I believe we will know more on the 9th.

I was reading somewhere that the only way that we could afford to take on Splitter's contract is that we had to drop both of our non-guaranteed contracts. That's Daye and Moose. I would like to see what both guys have to offer but I think that was the deal and I believe we will know more on the 9th.

There's an ESPN article that says that but they are just speculating because nobody knows the full terms yet. Edited by ATLSmith

• Moderators

I was reading somewhere that the only way that we could afford to take on Splitter's contract is that we had to drop both of our non-guaranteed contracts.  That's Daye and Moose.  I would like to see what both guys have to offer but I think that was the deal and I believe we will know more on the 9th.

I've read both that we need to cut Daye and Moose and that we need to cut one or the other.  I don't see how we'll know for certain until the cap is set.  

I've read both that we need to cut Daye and Moose and that we need to cut one or the other.  I don't see how we'll know for certain until the cap is set.

Yup. Have to have the Salary Cap known before, ya know, you can report on what the Hawks will do.

• Premium Member

Yup. Have to have the Salary Cap known before, ya know, you can report on what the Hawks will do.

Wasn't the Cap Set to 69 Million... or are they waiting to see what Lebron needs before they put a final set on it?

Can't we go over the cap to re-sign Muscala anyway since we have EB rights on him? Seems like that would be well worth it since he is so cheap and very productive compared to his extremely team-friendly contract.

First off, he's only one year in.  No EB.  Second, he's already signed to a Non-guaranteed deal.

If we cut him, we may be able to pick him back up with some of the LRE?

Wasn't the Cap Set to 69 Million... or are they waiting to see what Lebron needs before they put a final set on it?

First off, he's only one year in. No EB. Second, he's already signed to a Non-guaranteed deal.

If we cut him, we may be able to pick him back up with some of the LRE?

The Hawks signed Moose to a 4 year deal, not sure how the Full bird/early bird rights would work with him.

• Premium Member

We can already afford splitter. Just cant afford now other quality FAs

Well, the Splitter deal hasn't happened yet.  There are some options to make it happen...  Moreover, DMC isn't gone yet either.  We can SNT DMC for Luke Ridnour.  DMC still gets his 4 year 60 and he have Bird rights next year.  We get a Nonguaranteed deal that we can trade for Splitter.  Yep, it's that new math.  

However, with no other deals for other NG contracts, I think Daye is definitely gone.. and Muscala may not make it either.  Depends on where Lebron sets the Salary cap.   I have read that it will be 69 Million instead of 67.1 Million.  

The Hawks signed Moose to a 4 year deal, not sure how the Full bird/early bird rights would work with him.

Yeah.  But it's NG this year.  I think he can be cut for Cap.

• Moderators

Where the cap is set is not a factor for Cleveland.  It will only dictate how much luxury tax they are paying.

Well, the Splitter deal hasn't happened yet.  There are some options to make it happen...  Moreover, DMC isn't gone yet either.  We can SNT DMC for Luke Ridnour.  DMC still gets his 4 year 60 and he have Bird rights next year.  We get a Nonguaranteed deal that we can trade for Splitter.  Yep, it's that new math.  

However, with no other deals for other NG contracts, I think Daye is definitely gone.. and Muscala may not make it either.  Depends on where Lebron sets the Salary cap.   I have read that it will be 69 Million instead of 67.1 Million.  

Yeah.  But it's NG this year.  I think he can be cut for Cap.

If we could only somehow swing that SnT for DeMarre, with a NG contract, that would be sweeeet!!

But, would we be able to trade Ridnour to the Spurs after we picked him up in a trade? I thought we wouldn't be able to until around mid December, correct? Anywho...

• Premium Member

You can immediately re-trade guys individually. (Ridnour has been traded, what, 4 times this offseason?)

For "practical purposes," it would be a three-team trade:

Ridnour, Daye, other stuff to SAS (to be waived)

Splitter to ATL

Carroll to TOR

Edited by mrhonline

We are keeping moose

We will trade Mack or Scott before letting moose go

I hope you are right!  I would hate to see the Hawks let Muscala go as I think he will be a very good player for the Hawks in the near future IF they keep him!

We are keeping moose

We will trade Mack or Scott before letting moose go

I DEFINITELY would like Moose over either of those two even though I do like Scott quite a bit. I just like EVERYTHING that Moose brings outside of him needing to gain some core strength and muscle mass. He plays interior and can kick out to the midrange and perimeter. He does not appear to be intimidated by anyone. He tries and attacks/defend EVERY shot. He hustles and has a decent offensive game in the post.

To top it all off, he rebounds at a pretty nice clip. I like Moose. Moose for Prez!! Well, 8-9 man anyway.

I would hate to lose Moose. I would prefer to part with some combination of Daye, Mack or Scott.

I didn't see the expected improvement from Scott this season that I expected.

I hope Moose is hitting the weights.

Edited by JayBirdHawk