• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Man rotation is key!

JTB

Call me crazy but the Spurs are favorites to win it all next season mainly because of their big man rotation! After signing LMA and recently West I just can't see them losing and I won't knock lebron if he tries to get even more help because his team as of right now isn't good enough to beat this Spurs team.

Anyways more importantly I think our Hawks should pick up another significant Big like a Carlos Boozer. We are so wrapped up in who will play the 3 and honestly I think we can give ourselves a bigger advantage by having an even better big man rotation similar to the Spurs.....the rookie jahil okafor was right "this is still a big mans league" though big men were better back in the 90s, most championship teams still have 1 or 2 all star big men on the team surrounded around other good bigs.

Don't let that small ball bullshit fool you....the Warriors may have won this past season but history has proven that usually a championship team has a great big man rotation.

Spurs Big Man Rotation:

Duncan

Aldridge

Diaw

West

Bonner

Hawks Big Man Rotation:

Horford

Millsap

Splitter

Moose

Scott

Edy

In my opinion I say Scott and Sap will both play pf and sf but Scott will likely get more time at the 3 this upcoming season. With what we already have, if we can bring in a Carlos Boozer type or Louis scola that will put us over the top.

• Premium Member

Funny how the Hawks are obsessed with getting bigger while the rest of the league is obsessed with getting smaller.

Funny how the Hawks are obsessed with getting bigger while the rest of the league is obsessed with getting smaller.

Yeah well I'm not sure if that's true but I think it's a smart move. I mean if you look at the warriors what are they going to do to slow down Duncan and LMA once they get rolling?

Green is too small to guard either one! The small ball lineups have really been over used and the Spurs will bring every team back to reality next season. Not to mention people will complain about how they are cheated with getting all this talent. Lol

I much rather get another significant big rather than worrying about the 3. Our sf position just won't have a primary guy and we will have to rotate guys based off of matchups

Yeah well I'm not sure if that's true but I think it's a smart move. I mean if you look at the warriors what are they going to do to slow down Duncan and LMA once they get rolling?

Green is too small to guard either one! The small ball lineups have really been over used and the Spurs will bring every team back to reality next season. Not to mention people will complain about how they are cheated with getting all this talent. Lol

I much rather get another significant big rather than worrying about the 3. Our sf position just won't have a primary guy and we will have to rotate guys based off of matchups

I think a SF is a far greater need.  You have 96 minutes of playing time at PF/C in each game.  Horford and Millsap will use 65-70 of those minutes.  Splitter will get 20-25.  This only leaves 10-15 minutes and Muscala can handle those with some of Scott/Tavares mixed in.

The East is loaded with elite talent at SF and we are going to need defenders in the playoffs.  Lebron/George/Melo will destroy Korver and Hardaway Jr. if they end up getting major minutes at SF.  We already saw what happened when we tried to defend George with Korver in the first 2 games of the 13/14 series vs the Pacers.

• Like 2

I think a SF is a far greater need.  You have 96 minutes of playing time at PF/C in each game.  Horford and Millsap will use 65-70 of those minutes.  Splitter will get 20-25.  This only leaves 10-15 minutes and Muscala can handle those with some of Scott/Tavares mixed in.

The East is loaded with elite talent at SF and we are going to need defenders in the playoffs.  Lebron/George/Melo will destroy Korver and Hardaway Jr. if they end up getting major minutes at SF.  We already saw what happened when we tried to defend George with Korver in the first 2 games of the 13/14 series vs the Pacers.

Korver was getting killed by J.R. Smith and Shump.

I think a SF is a far greater need. You have 96 minutes of playing time at PF/C in each game. Horford and Millsap will use 65-70 of those minutes. Splitter will get 20-25. This only leaves 10-15 minutes and Muscala can handle those with some of Scott/Tavares mixed in.

The East is loaded with elite talent at SF and we are going to need defenders in the playoffs. Lebron/George/Melo will destroy Korver and Hardaway Jr. if they end up getting major minutes at SF. We already saw what happened when we tried to defend George with Korver in the first 2 games of the 13/14 series vs the Pacers.

I felt for Korver trying to guard PG, smh, so sad. Let's not do that again please.

Korver did better against Lance.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Korver was getting killed by J.R. Smith and Shump.

I disagree.  J.R. got hot one game and was hitting some very tough 3's.  No one is stopping J.R. from knocking down 3's when he gets hot like that.  He only had one good drive past Korver in all of game 1. 

• Like 3

I think a SF is a far greater need. You have 96 minutes of playing time at PF/C in each game. Horford and Millsap will use 65-70 of those minutes. Splitter will get 20-25. This only leaves 10-15 minutes and Muscala can handle those with some of Scott/Tavares mixed in.

The East is loaded with elite talent at SF and we are going to need defenders in the playoffs. Lebron/George/Melo will destroy Korver and Hardaway Jr. if they end up getting major minutes at SF. We already saw what happened when we tried to defend George with Korver in the first 2 games of the 13/14 series vs the Pacers.

You're really lovin Paul George lately huh? ;-)

I felt for Korver trying to guard PG, smh, so sad. Let's not do that again please.

Korver did better against Lance.

Lance made it easy for Kyle by doing his globetrotter dribble and staying in the same place..lol...it's really quite a fun 2 minute show...check it out if you have some fun time and like clowns ..lol

I'd just say the Hawks are finally versatile like the Warriors and Heat, able to play big and small at a high level instead of past years with the Hawks where you got Jason Collins at center.

• Admin

I disagree.  J.R. got hot one game and was hitting some very tough 3's.  No one is stopping J.R. from knocking down 3's when he gets hot like that.  He only had one good drive past Korver in all of game 1. 

He was on a whole other planet that day ... he was in a zone that no matter what u did or who was guarding him ... he was going to light it up.

• Like 1