• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we done in Free Agency?

bumpyphish1

Still, no clear replacement for DeMarre at SF.  

We have NO ONE who can guard LeBron who we know we must go through.

What is going on?  Trade in the works?  Slow-playing one more season to try to get someone more big time next offseason?

What is our projected starting 5 even?

• Like 1

Odd to me that Dorell Wright hasn't signed anywhere yet... until he does, and perhaps until Mbah A Moute does, I'm not completely sure if we're done. But I think we are.

I want D. (Dorell no Delon) Wright badly. Delon will be a good young player but we need his brother in Atlanta for our championship run.

We should be done in FAgency.  Any further improvement will come via trade.  Or at least I hope so.  Nothing beneficial left out there at this point.

We should be done in FAgency. Any further improvement will come via trade. Or at least I hope so. Nothing beneficial left out there at this point.

Ok, thanks professor...

Still, no clear replacement for DeMarre at SF.  

We have NO ONE who can guard LeBron who we know we must go through.

What is going on?  Trade in the works?  Slow-playing one more season to try to get someone more big time next offseason?

What is our projected starting 5 even?

This has always irritated me. You dont guard Lebron, you shut him down AT the rim. Lebron isnt a jump shooter, he is a slasher. To stop Dwight, you have players like Dwight Howard in the middle, and force him to KICK OUT. I could care less about him blowing by DMC or anybody else. My problem is his uncontested looks at the rim:

vbg4jl.gif?resize=480%2C270

What in the world is Horford doing chasing Thompson waay out to the wing like that???? laughable. 

ra.0.0.jpg

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 2

Ok, thanks professor...

You're welcome, my pupil. Today's assignment is to study tape of Dorrel Wright and come to the realization that he's not a piece on a (supposed) championship squad.

You're welcome, my pupil. Today's assignment is to study tape of Dorrel Wright and come to the realization that he's not a piece on a (supposed) championship squad.

Lol and your lesson is in spelling Dorell Wright correctly. Now go and wright in on the black bored closist to you.

Lol and your lesson is in spelling Dorell Wright correctly. Now go and wright in on the black bored closist to you.

Meh, I can't be bothered with learning to spell scrubs' names.

Great comeback! Kudos on a job, done!

In all seriousness, do you think Wright makes a discernable difference for us? I see him as a seat - filler at best.

Closist? Bored? Really? Must be facetious here.

Edited by volman

• Premium Member

In all seriousness, do you think Wright makes a discernable difference for us? I see him as a seat - filler at best.

You spelled discernible wrong.

...hehe...

But to your question...

I have to think this is the reason he's not signed yet.... teams are asking that very question, and maybe ATL included in that... and he and his agent are sitting there looking at what guys like Alan Anderson got ($4 freakin mil) and saying, do you really think I'm not worth that much?

Closist? Bored? Really? Must be facetious here.

Yeah it was a dig at my spelling. Spud2 isn't a total idiot. Maybe half an idiot.

You spelled discernible wrong.

...hehe...

But to your question...

I have to think this is the reason he's not signed yet.... teams are asking that very question, and maybe ATL included in that... and he and his agent are sitting there looking at what guys like Alan Anderson got ($4 freakin mil) and saying, do you really think I'm not worth that much?

Excellent points. The deals guys have gotten this offseason have created an unreal expectation among role players.

Well he's been inconsistent throughout his career. I guess I watched him most about 3 or 4 years ago when he was a Warrior and he was lighting it up from 3 and his defense was great. His best season as a pro by far. I just think Bud could get that out of him again. On the other hand, Bud might not appreciate players who don't perform to the best of their abilities ALL the time. I still like Chandler the most of anyone but that doesn't seem likely at all.