• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Glenn Robinson III?

BraveSeminole

I am not trying to be a Dead Horse into the Ground but I am just wondering if anyone knows or has any thoughts on if the Hawks have any interest in signing Robinson.  With the signing of Lamar Patterson and Terran Petteway is that a sign that the Hawks don't really have any interest in signing him or could it be that Robinson wants to pursue other teams for better options or could the Hawks still be trying to work out an agreement with him?

I am by no means an expert on the Hawks (Although, They have been my favorite NBA Team for a very long time!) or Robinson but for some reason I think he could be a very good fit and addition to the Hawks roster.

• Premium Member

I am not trying to be a Dead Horse into the Ground but I am just wondering if anyone knows or has any thoughts on if the Hawks have any interest in signing Robinson.  With the signing of Lamar Patterson and Terran Petteway is that a sign that the Hawks don't really have any interest in signing him or could it be that Robinson wants to pursue other teams for better options or could the Hawks still be trying to work out an agreement with him?

I am by no means an expert on the Hawks (Although, They have been my favorite NBA Team for a very long time!) or Robinson but for some reason I think he could be a very good fit and addition to the Hawks roster.

From what I understand, Patterson and Pettaway are signed to traing camp contracts? So there's still hope that GRob3 get invited to camp as well. I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't bring him in for a closer look.

• Premium Member

The likely situation is that GRob3's agent is scanning the field for interest, and will make a decision according to the situation they feel is best for him... ie, there's still a couple of teams out there with more roster slots open than ATL. He brings a little more to the table than Petteway, having been drafted relatively high in last year's 2nd round and actually having some regular season experience. (And Patterson, of course, is under our control anyhow.) I'm sure we're still on GRob3's radar. The one I'm less optimistic about, but that several of us wish could land on the roster is Ashley. I think he only actually came to us for Summer League under the motive that he thought he could get more exposure/minutes with us than he could with his original commitment (LAL), and I would be surprised if that one works out for us.

• Premium Member

The likely situation is that GRob3's agent is scanning the field for interest, and will make a decision according to the situation they feel is best for him... ie, there's still a couple of teams out there with more roster slots open than ATL. He brings a little more to the table than Petteway, having been drafted relatively high in last year's 2nd round and actually having some regular season experience. (And Patterson, of course, is under our control anyhow.) I'm sure we're still on GRob3's radar. The one I'm less optimistic about, but that several of us wish could land on the roster is Ashley. I think he only actually came to us for Summer League under the motive that he thought he could get more exposure/minutes with us than he could with his original commitment (LAL), and I would be surprised if that one works out for us.

Too bad because he played really well during Summer league and I think he also brings things to the table the Hawks can use. The Hawks already have enough PFs, but Ashley looks like he could be a SF at least on the offensive end due to his outside shooting.