• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Lamar Patterson, Terran Petteway

Ruckus

Not sure if this has been posted yet but...

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/hawks-sign-lamar-patterson-terran-petteway

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has signed guard/forwards Lamar Patterson and Terran Petteway (tur-RAN PET-uh-way), it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer. Per team policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Both players competed for the Hawks in the recently-completed NBA Las Vegas Summer League.

Patterson started all seven games for the summer Hawks, averaging team-bests of 13.1 points, 3.4 assists and 1.6 steals while adding 5.1 rebounds in 25.8 minutes (.452 FG%, .375 3FG%).

Chosen by Milwaukee in the second round (48th overall) of the 2014 NBA Draft, he was acquired by the Hawks on draft night in exchange for a 2015 second round pick. Patterson played in 29 games last season for Tofas in Turkey, putting up 11.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 28.6 minutes.

The 6-foot-5 Patterson played at Pittsburgh from 2009-14, seeing action in a school-record 148 games (starting his final 106 contests). He was named All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team as a senior after averaging 17.1 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.4 steals in 32.6 minutes (.441 FG%, .388 3FG%, .754 FT%) in 36 contests.

In Las Vegas, Petteway appeared in seven games (six starts) and averaged 10.9 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 block in 26.0 minutes.

An early-entry candidate for the 2015 NBA Draft, the 6-foot-6 junior led Nebraska in scoring last season, averaging 18.2 points (fourth in the Big Ten) along with 4.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists (14th) and 1.1 steals (5th). Petteway was selected Third-Team All-Big Ten by the coaches and media, also earning Associated Press Honorable Mention All-America accolades. He topped the Conference in scoring (18.2) as a sophomore, leading the Cornhuskers to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1998. Petteway began his college career at Texas Tech (2011-12) before transferring to Nebraska.

• Moderators

Guess this means no GRIII. Wonder what it means for Mack, Scott?

I don't think it means that at all.  We could just as easily sign GRIII too.  I suspect he views himself as having more options and wants to play the field while Patterson and Petteway want to maximize their chances with the Hawks.

I don't think it means that at all. We could just as easily sign GRIII too. I suspect he views himself as having more options and wants to play the field while Patterson and Petteway want to maximize their chances with the Hawks.

So how does this work exactly? Are they being signed to the roster or are we just purchasing rights without committing a roster spot? I thought we only had 1 roster spot left?