• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MKG -- 52 over 4 years -- wtf

capstone21

You, of course, then came riding in as the Wildcat White Knight with a passive aggressive response trying to make that the focus. Of course, I enjoy tit for tats so I played along.

Literary genius right here. Also pretty accurate for the thread all around if you included some reference to the comedic duo with their shenanigans.

My dislike for him stems from the similar hype that Oladipo received out of college.  Apparently to scouts they are the only two hardworking players in the entire NBA and through pure force of willpower both would either become the best wing in the league or be able to play any position despite having shown zero evidence of such yet.  They are "P" words to the max but because they have age and likable attitudes scouts and fans alike just feel that they are more likely to achieve their destiny even if it's a far cry from their current product.  

Beyond that I'm not getting some of the arguments like comparing him to a center like Vucevic.  A capable center even if one dimensional is naturally going to cost more due to the rarity of their position than a (no)3 and D wing.  The poor man's Tony Allen just got 52 million which is like wow to me.  Maybe I'm also biased because he had perhaps the worst distinction for an "elite" perimeter defender ever when he allowed both LeBron and Melo to drop career highs of 61 and 62 on him.  I mean damn, even Russell could say he walked away with the W whenever Wilt hung a double nickel on him.

How is MKG a poor man's Tony Allen? 

Even the best defenders are going to get ripped to shreds by an elite offensive player if that player is in the zone that night.  His overall defensive metrics and stats like on/off show that he was a difference maker for the Hornets last season.  You can stand by your 2 bad games from his sophomore season and I will stand by his year's performance in his junior season.  After all, there's not much you can do when Lebron is making 8 out of 10 threes in a game. 

If MKG is a poor man's Allen, Vucevic is a poor man's Al Jefferson and Jefferson has never won a thing in this league.

Edited by JETSET

How is MKG a poor man's Tony Allen? 

Even the best defenders are going to get ripped to shreds by an elite offensive player if that player is in the zone that night.  His overall defensive metrics and stats like on/off show that he was a difference maker for the Hornets last season.  You can stand by your 2 bad games from his sophomore season and I will stand by his year's performance in his junior season.  After all, there's not much you can do when Lebron is making 8 out of 10 threes in a game. 

If MKG is a poor man's Allen, Vucevic is a poor man's Al Jefferson and Jefferson has never won a thing in this league.

I assume you're not familiar with Tony Allen then.  You know, the "1st Team All Defense" wing that can't shoot a lick?  Yea, MKG is the poor man's version of that.

I don't know why people feel the need to compare average players to other average players as though it makes your average player of preference somewhat less average. Hint: they are both average.

And again....I'm not extrapolating anything from 2 games, they are just fun footnotes.  His overall stats be it in his 3rd season or all of them still put him as a very average to below average player in the NBA.  I don't care that they make him look less average amongst a lottery team, that just seems like a disingenuous argument right there, but of course, I forgot that he had a 40 PtER* last season which was tops in the league.

*MacHollinger's patented Potential Efficiency Rating

I assume you're not familiar with Tony Allen then.  You know, the "1st Team All Defense" wing that can't shoot a lick?  Yea, MKG is the poor man's version of that.

I don't know why people feel the need to compare average players to other average players as though it makes your average player of preference somewhat less average. Hint: they are both average.

And again....I'm not extrapolating anything from 2 games, they are just fun footnotes.  His overall stats be it in his 3rd season or all of them still put him as a very average to below average player in the NBA.  I don't care that they make him look less average amongst a lottery team, that just seems like a disingenuous argument right there, but of course, I forgot that he had a 40 PtER* last season which was tops in the league.

*MacHollinger's patented Potential Efficiency Rating

MKG's defensive metrics from last season are far from average and they are on par with Allen.  He also has 3 inches and 20 lbs on Allen while being younger.

The purpose of my comparison should have been quite obvious to any one who read it.  I was showing the bias between offensive players and defensive players.  Vucevic is just as average as MKG and you won't hear a word about his contract while the thread for MKG's has reached 3 pages.

MKG's defensive metrics from last season are far from average and they are on par with Allen. He also has 3 inches and 20 lbs on Allen while being younger.

The purpose of my comparison should have been quite obvious to any one who read it. I was showing the bias between offensive players and defensive players. Vucevic is just as average as MKG and you won't hear a word about his contract while the thread for MKG's has reached 3 pages.

It would have been obvious to anyone who read my original post especially being that they quoted it that you can't compare the contract of a center to a none 3 and D wing. You're comparing apples to oranges during a season where apples are far more available than oranges, gee which is going to cost more at the grocery store?

I don't care that he's younger or taller or bigger, that's all projecting potential. He's not a "1st Team All Defense" player on a perennial contender who is just so happens to still be a below average overall player because his actual stellar defense doesn't offset his atrocious offense. No, he's the poor man's version of that guy.

Not hard to figure this out, I figure you did figure it out thus why you are trying to focus on only one specific while, of course, accusing me to have done the same.

• 1 month later...

Guess fans will be waiting yet another season for MKG's potential petunia to blossom as he's practically done for the year with shoulder surgery.

Kind of reminds me of when that Tony Allen guy missed a season with a knee injury.