• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ghostbusters Reboot

AHF

• Moderators

Curious what people think about this one.  It is kind of hitting sacred ground given the original's status in pop culture, but I am interested to see what they can do.  The cast has potential.  Kristen Wiig is very strong.  I like Kate McKinnon.  Leslie Jones does very little for me on SNL, but I'll wait and see how she adapts to film.  Melissa McCarthy is the biggest wildcard for me.  She is very talented and great when she plays a real woman.  When directors have her go full caricature, she ruins movies for me .  Stop trying to make her the female Chris Farley!

Thoughts?

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpg

• Moderators

It does seem like a "world" that should be low hanging fruit for generating scripts and yet they bombed the sequel and haven't done anything else.  Not sure why someone couldn't come up with a good ghost story during the intervening years.  Maybe the comedy side is too challenging for writers who otherwise might like the basic premise?  Not sure.  

• 2 weeks later...
On November 3, 2015 at 6:26:40 AM, macdaddy said:

Apparently they offered Rick Moranis a one line cameo and he said 'eh, i've got other things i'd rather do'.  

Like what? Honey, I shrunk my career? Lol

On October 30, 2015 at 10:34:44 AM, AHF said:

Curious what people think about this one.  It is kind of hitting sacred ground given the original's status in pop culture, but I am interested to see what they can do.  The cast has potential.  Kristen Wiig is very strong.  I like Kate McKinnon.  Leslie Jones does very little for me on SNL, but I'll wait and see how she adapts to film.  Melissa McCarthy is the biggest wildcard for me.  She is very talented and great when she plays a real woman.  When directors have her go full caricature, she ruins movies for me .  Stop trying to make her the female Chris Farley!

Thoughts?

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpg

Agree with the McCarthy/ Farley  situation. I hate it when they try to duplicate an actor or actress. Just be the new whoever you are and stop being a copycat. Sorry, I'm just a huge Farley fan. Was watching Dirty Work the other day and was thinking how much I missed anything and everything he played in.