• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavaliers big men dismantle hawks again..

Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, nitte said:

People are really talking about tanking? Sometimes I wish there was a downvote button here...

Yep, so I can tell you how I really feel about your posts. Ohhhhh ... burn!

I'm kidding.  But yeah it's funny to see folks giving up at this point.  Do we have problems that need attention?  Yeah, but we're a year removed from an ECF appearance.  Half these folks probably think the Sixers have it all figured out.

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm kidding.  But yeah it's funny to see folks giving up at this point.  Do we have problems that need attention?  Yeah, but we're a year removed from an ECF appearance.  Half these folks probably think the Sixers have it all figured out.

Hawks are no closer to a championship than ANY of their previous teams since coming to Atlanta because you got a general manager who thinks the spurs way will win in Atlanta without SUPERSTARS.  No matter how you look at the spurs system, Parker, Duncan,etc. were superstars.  The hawks on the other hand, need to control the paint because of their lack of dominating players, but hard headed bud refuses to acknowledge that. This is the same general manager that traded Payne and gave Pero prime minutes.

Edited by Hawkmoor

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

There's 5 issues:

1. No SF

2. No SG

3. Horford has gotten weaker and doesn't want to bang

4. No bench outside of Sefolosha and Schröder

5. A go to scorer is needed when the offense stagnates.

The only way to solve these issues is to sell sell sell.

I definitely agree with the five issues you layed out. You didn't even mention the weak rebounding and questionable perimeter defense. This team is really flawed. And I don't see a couple of trades saving this team either. 

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We have one in Sefolosha.

What really needs to happen, is for Bud to go completely big, and go with a Splitter - Horford - Millsap frontcourt to start each half.  And if they need to finish games, so be it.

Playing Splitter 20+ minutes will enable Horford to play 30% - 40% of his minutes at PF.  Millsap would end up playing about the same percentage of his minutes at SF.

If you do that, you can keep a combination of Millsap, Sefolosha, and Korver at SF at all times, with Sefolosha getting the most minutes at that position.  

With those two playing inside and outside, Splitter can just concentrate running PnR with Teague and crashing the offensive boards. That lineup would also help our defensive rebounding across the board.

Thabo is aging and he is injury prone. Thabo is acceptable as a starter if you have star players.  The Hawks don't have those star players.

5 minutes ago, Guard said:

I definitely agree with the five issues you layed out. You didn't even mention the weak rebounding and questionable perimeter defense. This team is really flawed. And I don't see a couple of trades saving this team either. 

The team isn't flawed, they just need someone LEGIT on the boards. Somebody that's paid to do just THAT. Once that is done, everything else will fall into place.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The Hawks ECF appearance was about as hollow as it could possibly get. The performance in the ECF and last night proves that the Hawks are not even that close to being a legit contnder . Their achievements are hollow. This team is just as irrelevant as they were two years ago. Dou think Cleveland has any respect for this team after what happened in the playoffs and last night?

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hawks are no closer to a championship than ANY of their previous teams since coming to Atlanta because you got a general manager who thinks the spurs way will win in Atlanta without SUPERSTARS.  No matter how you look at the spurs system, Parker, Duncan,etc. were superstars.  The hawks on the other hand, need to control the paint because of their lack of dominating players, but hard headed bud refuses to acknowledge that. This is the same general manager that traded Payne and gave Pero prime minutes.

He's been in charge less than a year so his acumen there is TBD at worst.

Also, on what planet is trading Payne some awful decision?

21 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The Hawks ECF appearance was about as hollow as it could possibly get. The performance in the ECF and last night proves that the Hawks are not even that close to being a legit contnder . Their achievements are hollow. This team is just as irrelevant as they were two years ago. Dou think Cleveland has any respect for this team after what happened in the playoffs and last night?

Man I told you in chat, "don't give me prollems, give me solutions".  We all see that somethings wrong.  The discussion is what shld we do to improve.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man I told you in chat, "don't give me prollems, give me solutions".  We all see that somethings wrong.  The discussion is what shld we do to improve.

Most seem to feel that the team is only one move away.

We have a roster with a lot of 30 year old players and the reality is that Bud is not going to get fired in the next two years because of the 60 win season. If you keep a coach like Bud you will need a strong GM that will tell Bud to knock it off with trying to a make everyone a 3 point shooter.

That's the problem with offering solutions. The people that are running the ship do not even understand that there are problems with the strategy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Most seem to feel that the team is only one move away.

We have a roster with a lot of 30 year old players and the reality is that Bud is not going to get fired in the next two years because of the 60 win season. If you keep a coach like Bud you will need a strong GM that will tell Bud to knock it off with trying to a make everyone a 3 point shooter.

That's the problem with offering solutions. The people that are running the ship do not even understand that there are problems with the strategy.

I hear you to a degree.  I'm still unsure if Wilcox has the standing to make a move contrary to Budz.  Now I realize the GM and coach should be on the same page, but there must be times where the GM has a better perspective of when a move is needed?

It appears this may be where we have a problem.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

The team isn't flawed, they just need someone LEGIT on the boards. Somebody that's paid to do just THAT. Once that is done, everything else will fall into place.

It’s more than just “oh, put in a rim protector and fierce rebounder and it will solve everything!”

Korver’s days of being a help while playing big minutes are donezo and Bazemore is not a starter.

There’s basically three spots in the starting lineup that need to be changed along with the bench upgraded and the only way to do so is to completely blow the team up and tank.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It’s more than just “oh, put in a rim protector and fierce rebounder and it will solve everything!”

Korver’s days of being a help while playing big minutes are donezo and Bazemore is not a starter.

There’s basically three spots in the starting lineup that need to be changed along with the bench upgraded and the only way to do so is to completely blow the team up and tank.

I disagree that Bazemore is not a starter...not just because I like him as a player but he has shown that he can start and be effective in the small amount of starts he's had.

Now Bazemore may not be starting SF but he's definitely a legit starting SG based on the starts he's had this season.

on to korver...yeah I like korver and all but like ive mentioned before its time to make him out sixth man and have him torture 2nd units.

Buds got to make some changes ASAP

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So I have a question:

Without significantly changing the composure of the roster, how do you get a good young SG and SF and a C?

I'll wait.

That depends on where you stand with Bazemore and Sefelosha. Personally I think entering those two in the starting lineup will equal better defense and more wins. As far as center goes bud just need to put horford back to close to the goal ....I was happy about horford getting a 3pt shot but I didn't think he would hover around the 3pt line like he's korver.

or we can make a trade or simply try starting splitter and roll with a big lineup with Teague and Bazemore in the backcourt...Bud has to try something.

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

I disagree that Bazemore is not a starter...not just because I like him as a player but he has shown that he can start and be effective in the small amount of starts he's had.

Now Bazemore may not be starting SF but he's definitely a legit starting SG based on the starts he's had this season.

Bazemore’s due for regression, as I’m completely selling on the idea he’s a 40%+ 3 point shooter on high-ish volume and he has a lot of trouble with finishing in traffic. He’s a poor man’s Barnes with the Clippers at best. 9 PTS per game, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1.5 steal, .5 block.

42 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I disagree. If you got somebody who can rebound, that makes EVERYBODY better. There is less pressure to make the first shot because you know you have someone who can go get it.  With the system the hawks have, you can live with the players they have if you can rebound the ball.

20 minutes ago, JTB said:

That depends on where you stand with Bazemore and Sefelosha. Personally I think entering those two in the starting lineup will equal better defense and more wins. As far as center goes bud just need to put horford back to close to the goal ....I was happy about horford getting a 3pt shot but I didn't think he would hover around the 3pt line like he's korver.

or we can make a trade or simply try starting splitter and roll with a big lineup with Teague and Bazemore in the backcourt...Bud has to try something.

The one thing everybody agrees on is the fact that korver belongs on the bench now.