• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Nets GM...

volman

cryptic - explain to me what I am missing, cuz from what you are saying I cant understand why we are all coming to this forum - other than to be reminded that its just the way it is, ??

hawks need to worry about  sf position, hawks wont get anyone to play the sf position. :MooseGoggles:

Edited by hylndr11

10 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

cryptic - explain to me what I am missing, cuz from what you are saying I cant understand why we are all coming to this forum - other than to be reminded that its just the way it is, ??

hawks need to worry about  sf position, hawks wont get anyone to play the sf position. :MooseGoggles:

It will almost impossible to get one in free agency. The price tag will be very high. The Hawks will have two key areas to address outside of the draft. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No one else is safe other than Al, Kyle, Scott and Tom. Misspoke on Thabo. He's not safe either. 

Scott has a non- guaranteed salary for next season but he's safe????

How is Al safe when he's a free agent?

Who's Tom?

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who's Tom?

Tom?  Clearly that's Supes' buddy.  Tom just installed a panic room in his trailer so he's really, really safe.

On Batum, I can't remember who it was, but I heard an interview where a  guy was talking about how much he loves Steve Clifford and has really ingratiated himself into the CHA community.  I'm now doubtful he looks around.  Unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who's Tom?

Tim. Autocorrect 

He is from what I heard and Al is someone they see the cornerstone. He is someone they want to build around long term.  

I am not sure why considering his pending charges but he is not on the market.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Tom?  Clearly that's Supes' buddy.  Tom just installed a panic room in his trailer so he's really, really safe.

On Batum, I can't remember who it was, but I heard an interview where a  guy was talking about how much he loves Steve Clifford and has really ingratiated himself into the CHA community.  I'm now doubtful he looks around.  Unfortunately.

Lol

Batum like Al is mainly going to be in negotiations for bonuses and stuff like that. He's getting that five year max.

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tim. Autocorrect 

He is from what I heard and Al is someone they see the cornerstone. He is someone they want to build around long term.  

I am not sure why considering his pending charges but he is not on the market.

I love Al, and I would like him back but like I've said before Al is someone you build WITH not AROUND.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I love Al, and I would like him back but like I've said before Al is someone you build WITH not AROUND.

Yup. I love Al to death but he's a #2 or 3 at best if we want a championship. I just don't understand why the heck Durant wouldn't look our way. 

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yup. I love Al to death but he's a #2 or 3 at best if we want a championship. I just don't understand why the heck Durant wouldn't look our way. 

He's someone you build around. He's an elite player. He might not be a #1 but he's a #2 who does all of the little things and has elite versatility. 

He's the definition of a great team player. 

Durant has a lot of suitors. No one seems to know what Kevin wants to do. Many think he will do a 1+1. No one knows. Kevin is too guarded. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Durant has a lot of suitors. No one seems to know what Kevin wants to do. Many think he will do a 1+1. No one knows. Kevin is too guarded. 

I know it ain't happening, but didn't we conclude in another thread that Hawks could "financially" sign both Horf and KD? A Horf/Sap/KD frontcourt gets to the Finals. IF they can get past the league-mandated Cleveland Eight-on-Fives. At least they could make the reffing fraud look more obvious than it already does which might force the league to stop sanctioning it...

8 minutes ago, hazer said:

I know it ain't happening, but didn't we conclude in another thread that Hawks could "financially" sign both Horf and KD? A Horf/Sap/KD frontcourt gets to the Finals. IF they can get past the league-mandated Cleveland Eight-on-Fives. At least they could make the reffing fraud look more obvious than it already does which might force the league to stop sanctioning it...

I don't think Atlanta has max money. With Al 18 million dollars cap hold. They have like 20 million cap space but you got the draft and other cap holds.  Durant max starts around 25 mil. 25.9 to be exact. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think Atlanta has max money. With Al 18 million dollars cap hold. They have like 20 million cap space but you got the draft and other cap holds.  Durant max starts around 25 mil. 25.9 to be exact. 

We figured it with letting Baze walk and cutting a couple of non-guaranteeds I believe. Was the only way the nimbers worked out. Do you recall that thread @JayBirdHawk?

59 minutes ago, hazer said:

We figured it with letting Baze walk and cutting a couple of non-guaranteeds I believe. Was the only way the nimbers worked out. Do you recall that thread @JayBirdHawk?

@hazer   I can't remember all the details I posted but renouncing Baze, Scott, Moose, Mack at the time and trading Splitter got us close.

but CLE can sign whoever they want bird rights bullshit - cmon - again what is the point, we either have to get a almost elite player at every position or a superstar to build around,  the league should have enough players to do this but I guess it doesnt, which creates this issue, - hard to keep following closely considering all of these issues, KD in ATL would be sick,  and the right thing for the league as a whole, splitting up this western conf bullslhit and creating more better teams,  OKC will still have Russ and could build a bench then which theyll need to beat Spurs or whomever. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@hazer   I can't remember all the details I posted but renouncing Baze, Scott, Moose, Mack at the time and trading Splitter got us close.

I wonder how potential FAs look at players like Teague, Millsap and Horford, Horford and Millsap are top 5 at their position and Teague is good when aggressive. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's someone you build around. He's an elite player. He might not be a #1 but he's a #2 who does all of the little things and has elite versatility. 

He's the definition of a great team player. 

AL...elite? Bless your heart. 

I'd certainly be nice to have KD. With a perimeter threat, the offense works best. He also wouldn't have to be paired with a Westbrook and I like Westbrook as a player. But both of them on the same team just makes late game possible win situations complicated.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was it :approved: