• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Nets GM...

volman

1 hour ago, volman said:

Was just sitting next to him in first class on my flight to LAX.  He was trying to talk rather quietly, but I am lucky to have pretty good hearing and was eavesdropping.  He is a disciple of Poppovich and Buford out of San Antonio, and of course was talking about "let's just do it the san antonio way/model" to whomever he had on the phone.  Thought it was interesting.

Also heard him talk about Al Horford, so maybe that is a target of theirs for free agency.  Don't know if they have the $$$ though, and I don't know if Brooklyn would be attractive to him.  

Just passing some info along..Not much news here, but thought it was interesting! 

Also, ran into the team while I was out in San Fran-- Horford was a really nice guy, talked with Korver who was quite stoic and didn't really give me much.. Tavares is HUGE... wow.

Go Hawks! 

That was a good opportunity for you to use subliminal input (aka Jedi Mind Trick) to get him to lay off our players and to defer to us re: prospects.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 8:51 PM, volman said:

Was just sitting next to him in first class on my flight to LAX.  He was trying to talk rather quietly, but I am lucky to have pretty good hearing and was eavesdropping.  He is a disciple of Poppovich and Buford out of San Antonio, and of course was talking about "let's just do it the san antonio way/model" to whomever he had on the phone.  Thought it was interesting.

Also heard him talk about Al Horford, so maybe that is a target of theirs for free agency.  Don't know if they have the $$$ though, and I don't know if Brooklyn would be attractive to him.  

Just passing some info along..Not much news here, but thought it was interesting! 

Also, ran into the team while I was out in San Fran-- Horford was a really nice guy, talked with Korver who was quite stoic and didn't really give me much.. Tavares is HUGE... wow.

Go Hawks! 

Al in the NY market would be huge for his brand, especially with all the Dominicans up there. They'd have to move Lopez though. With the NBA going small, it'd be redundant to have Lopez and Al together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, volman said:

Bump... They are trying to copy Atlanta. Stole Kenny. Will go after horford. 

It means nothing, Al is staying put. What you might want to worry about is other players. This could be a new team aside from Al and Kyle next year.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It means nothing, Al is staying put. What you might want to worry about is other players. This could be a new team aside from Al and Kyle next year.

Baze is gone, yes. Thabo starts. Teague isn't going anywhere IMO. 

Who else is gone? 

10 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Paul?  Edy?

Do you say this as fact Soup or your thoughts?  Sometimes I can't tell and I have been reading on here since 2002.  

Edy not exactly safe but he's not on the block either. Add Mike Scott to the Edy category. I forgot about him.

The Hawks have some different plans this off-season. The main one is resigning Al. That's the main one. 

8 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Paul?  Edy?

Do you say this as fact Soup or your thoughts?  Sometimes I can't tell and I have been reading on here since 2002.  

Rumors through the grapevine. Let me say I was wrong on Thabo, he's not safe either.  Off the bench, it's just Tim and Scott.

17 minutes ago, hazer said:

Watch Baze get that $15mil we said he would ;)

I though that was what he was likely to get but the numbers are more ridiculous than that. 

The free agents that most fans want won't leave their team. Batum is staying. Horford is staying. Conley, Drummond and DeRozan is staying. Barnes is staying. Most teams have no shot at Durant and LeBron.  Paul Gasol is picky. So guys who have a lot of value like Bazemore is at a premium price even for the Hawks.

Edited by NBASupes

lol - so then whats the point guys, Batum is the only guy that might make a diff here, and we cant even get him?!?!? no wonder ppl dont care about the NBA its f***ing horrible,  the nba needs to block these teams like CLE and MIA when he was there,  seriously why are we getting so invested, supes, ur saying we blow it up ok for WHO