• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HOW THE HAWKS WILL WIN THE 2017 FINALS

aali34

19 minutes ago, hazer said:

Dead serious. If Hawks make ECFs 2 years in a row, KD would be a fool not to at least consider Atlanta. Any star for that matter. That's top 4 team in the league since 2014, why wouldn't we be in the running? To waltz in and be THAT guy to put us over the top. This ain't San Antonio. ATL is Y'allywood, Hip-Hop/Civil Rights Capital, #1 airport on Earth, great weather, incredible bang for the buck real estate, good ownership, top 10 market, TNT/NBATV right around the corner from Phillips, only 90 minute flight from his hometown of DC. When teams play the Hawks, you realize they notice their play, system, success, and their coaching. And most importantly, Hawks can max KD while keeping Bawse and Sap by simply cutting someone like Scott. You come on man...

Being in the conference finals doesn't mean a team is one of the top four in the league.  You remember when KD was making fun of the Hawks fans last season or whatever he said.  Dude isn't coming here and nobody of significance is either.

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Being in the conference finals doesn't mean a team is one of the top four in the league.  You remember when KD was making fun of the Hawks fans last season or whatever he said.  Dude isn't coming here and nobody of significance is either.

That's news to me. Last I heard the final 2 teams standing in each Conference go to the CFs. 2 + 2 = 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

And I realize you mean that 3rd thru 5th in the West could be better than 1st thru 3rd in the East. More reason for KD to come to ATL...

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Hawks vs Thunder record 2014-2016: 2-2. And only one of those teams made it to their conference Finals last year. Things change, people make mistakes and say stupid $hit and grow. Do not underestimate the effect of making the ECFs 2 years in a row. If Hawks do so, they'll be on KD's radar. And other stars' radar, that precedent is about to change and this is the only way it will change. Not to mention every hungry under-the-radar baller who's watched Bud turn DMC, Baze, and THJr into commodities lining up to get coached up, shine, and then get paid. Players notice this stuff. If rumors are to be believed, Dwight finally wants in (no thanks, too late). Who's next, Melo (no thanks Pt 2)?

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Dead serious. If Hawks make ECFs 2 years in a row, KD would be a fool not to at least consider Atlanta. Any star for that matter. That's top 4 team in the league since 2014, why wouldn't we be in the running? To waltz in and be THAT guy to put us over the top. This ain't San Antonio. ATL is Y'allywood, Hip-Hop/Civil Rights Capital, #1 airport on Earth, great weather, incredible bang for the buck real estate, good ownership, top 10 market, TNT/NBATV right around the corner from Phillips, only 90 minute flight from his hometown of DC. When teams play the Hawks, you realize they notice their play, system, success, and their coaching. And most importantly, Hawks can max KD while keeping Bawse and Sap by simply cutting someone like Scott. You come on man...

ATL doesn't even market their own players right. Al, Teague and Millsap should be marketed as superstars. Especially Al with his Latino background and ATL being a city with a solid Hispanic population. Teague is no different than the John Wall's, Kyrie's etc. of the NBA, it amazes me he doesn't have a shoe that is being marketed. Millsap he is your quiet superstar. What he's doing is no different than what LaMarcus was doing in Portland, what Pau is doing in Memphis. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

None of those players would be brave enough to join Atlanta.

Just not glamorous enough for their 'brand.'

Like CP3 in LAC, Melo in NY and LeBron in CLE, you win one there, you'll probably be your franchise's greatest player. I could imagine how it'd be to win a NBA Championship in ATL.

6 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

ATL doesn't even market their own players right. Al, Teague and Millsap should be marketed as superstars. Especially Al with his Latino background and ATL being a city with a solid Hispanic population. Teague is no different than the John Wall's, Kyrie's etc. of the NBA, it amazes me he doesn't have a shoe that is being marketed. Millsap he is your quiet superstar. What he's doing is no different than what LaMarcus was doing in Portland, what Pau is doing in Memphis. 

The NBA, just like the NFL,  CREATES its marketing stories. ( storylines). The NBA is no different than the WWE AND NFL from a legal standpoint. They are ENTERTAINMENT businesses. If they WANTED Atlanta to be a destination where superstars are marketed, it would happen. Obviously, they dont find Atlanta palatable for whatever reason, thus, they refuse to do it.

12 hours ago, hazer said:

That's news to me. Last I heard the final 2 teams standing in each Conference go to the CFs. 2 + 2 = 4.

That's not the case and you know that.  Generally the top four teams are Golden State, San Antonio, OKC, and some team from the east who makes the finals.  To say that the Hawks or anyone else who makes the ECF is better than one of the top 3 in the west is patently false.  

13 hours ago, Alex said:
14 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's not the case and you know that.  Generally the top four teams are Golden State, San Antonio, OKC, and some team from the east who makes the finals.  To say that the Hawks or anyone else who makes the ECF is better than one of the top 3 in the west is patently false.  

And I realize you mean that 3rd thru 5th in the West could be better than 1st thru 3rd in the East. More reason for KD to come to ATL...

Guess you skipped my other comment posted right after the first one...

• Premium Member

If KD was watching the games this weekend between SAS and GSW, he would have seen what comes out when elite talent meshes with elite coaching. That is why i think IF he leaves his decisions are either Boston, Dallas, or ATL, and i think Atl is in a better situation to help him win than those other teams.

Besides Kerr and Budonholzer are disciples of Popovich, both have proven that they are great coaches, Bud with less talent.

ATL should'nt be the last place in a free agents mind since Bud came to town.

3 hours ago, aali34 said:

If KD was watching the games this weekend between SAS and GSW, he would have seen what comes out when elite talent meshes with elite coaching. That is why i think IF he leaves his decisions are either Boston, Dallas, or ATL, and i think Atl is in a better situation to help him win than those other teams.

Besides Kerr and Budonholzer are disciples of Popovich, both have proven that they are great coaches, Bud with less talent.

ATL should'nt be the last place in a free agents mind since Bud came to town.

In theory it makes a ton of sense, in real life, not so much.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In theory it makes a ton of sense, in real life, not so much.

To be fair, no one expected Lamarcus Aldridge to leave Portland in the beginning, I remember hearing that he said he wanted to be the best blazer ever and even played through injury to make it into the post season that year.

3 hours ago, aali34 said:

To be fair, no one expected Lamarcus Aldridge to leave Portland in the beginning, I remember hearing that he said he wanted to be the best blazer ever and even played through injury to make it into the post season that year.

It's not about LMA leaving it's about where he would end up and sadly Atlanta is never in the conversation for the FA big wigs.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not about LMA leaving it's about where he would end up and sadly Atlanta is never in the conversation for the FA big wigs.

See, until recently i thought the same thing. But IF KD  were to leave, where would you think he would end up? To me, atlanta is the best team for him to go to since, 

A- This team has been a good team WITHOUT a superstar, think of how it would be if the management added one.

B- This team is good enough to be an ECF contender, while at the same time not too god for anyone to insult KD for running to an elite team.

C- This current Atlanta Hawks team's bad reputation is meaningless since coach Bud came. He has shown why he is probably the best coach in the east by having his players preform well in situations like losing your best player, or coaching through adversity and distractions like the Danny Ferry incident. One of the main reasons Lamarcus Aldridge chose the spurs was if Coach Pop, guaranteed that he would stick around until the end of LMA's contract. If coach Bud is truly respected across the nba, than it would make perfect sense for KD to come here, before it would make sense if no one wanted to come here, not anymore. 

D- Free agents must notice that in the last few years players like Paul, Demarre, and Kent Bazemore really increased their value as players capable of getting high paying contracts    (we might be seeing it again with Hardaway)

All it comes down to is how OKC does in the post season, all this speculation is for naught if they somehow win the entire thing. But if they lose in a demoralizing and frustrating manner(fingers crossed), and KD really wants to win, I dont see why he would not choose the hawks.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Am I wrong because I don't think KD is an answer?

I think KD is a gifted scorer.  However, he has the ability to become a standstill shooter in our offense.  Defensively he doesn't bring much.   So I would equate him to Korver (in his prime) at the 3.   It's good, but do you want to pay max dollars for that.

I would rather go the economy route and take a guy like Batum or Casppi.   somebody who can give us the same thing on offense but cheaper.  IN OKC, I believe that Westbrook is the prize.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Am I wrong because I don't think KD is an answer?

I think KD is a gifted scorer.  However, he has the ability to become a standstill shooter in our offense.  Defensively he doesn't bring much.   So I would equate him to Korver (in his prime) at the 3.   It's good, but do you want to pay max dollars for that.

I would rather go the economy route and take a guy like Batum or Casppi.   somebody who can give us the same thing on offense but cheaper.  IN OKC, I believe that Westbrook is the prize.

anigif_enhanced-3290-1436307959-3.gif

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is that pic of @kg01 moving or are my old a$$ eyes just buggin out. Lol

Oh, no, no see, JBird posted that gif as her reaction to Diesel's equating prime-Durant to prime-Korver.  See, she disagrees with his assertion and utilized the gif as a representation of her feelings rather than expressing them in the written form.

cndcnd

Boom.