• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Proud of Paul Millsap

Trout7

I was very impressed with Paul 's hard work tonight. It was obvious he was not getting any calls from the refs, but instead of compaining he went out and just kept working harder and harder and forced them to start giving him some calls.  I do not believe there is a player any more dedicated to hard work in the NBA than Paul.  Young players could learn a lot from him.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I was very impressed with Paul 's hard work tonight. It was obvious he was not getting any calls from the refs, but instead of compaining he went out and just kept working harder and harder and forced them to start giving him some calls.  I do not believe there is a player any more dedicated to hard work in the NBA than Paul.  Young players could learn a lot from him.

Good observation. Its why the Hawks resigned him. He might not be a good CLOSER, but without him,  the Hawks wouldnt be a a position to have games that need to be closed at times. In fact, the reason i think he hasnt been a good closer is fatigue. He has been asked to do too much, until they got Humphries to help out.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Good observation. Its why the Hawks resigned him. He might not be a good CLOSER, but without him,  the Hawks wouldnt be a a position to have games that need to be closed at times. In fact, the reason i think he hasnt been a good closer is fatigue. He has been asked to do too much, until they got Humphries to help out.

He's definitely going to get paid next summer. Dude is worth the 20+ mil max contract.

2 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

He's definitely going to get paid next summer. Dude is worth the 20+ mil max contract.

He deserves it. I just hope they can add to the frontcourt after they sign him and Horford.  Baze might be gone for that very reason.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

He deserves it. I just hope they can add to the frontcourt after they sign him and Horford.  Baze might be gone for that very reason.

2017 is going to be an interesting year. Lots of guys on expiring deals - Teague, Korver, Thabo, Splitter and Scott plus you got Dennis and Hardaway who will be restricted. 

I highly doubt they could afford to keep everybody especially if Dennis, Teague and Hardaway keep getting better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

2017 is going to be an interesting year. Lots of guys on expiring deals - Teague, Korver, Thabo, Splitter and Scott plus you got Dennis and Hardaway who will be restricted. 

I highly doubt they could afford to keep everybody especially if Dennis, Teague and Hardaway keep getting better. 

This offseason will explain a lot.

11 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

We currently have full Bird rights to every player except Bazemore (early bird) and Humphries.  So we CAN AFFORD to keep everybody.  The question is will ownership be willing to go into the Luxury Tax to do so.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We currently have full Bird rights to every player except Bazemore (early bird) and Humphries.  So we CAN AFFORD to keep everybody.  The question is will ownership be willing to go into the Luxury Tax to do so.

And what kind of ceiling that team has.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All depends on our playoff run. If we make it to the finals, everyone is back. Anything short of that, there will most likely be some changes.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

And what kind of ceiling that team has.

My response was not in relation to wether it was a good idea or not or what thr ceiling of that team would be but rather  about the Hawks not being able to afford ALL of them....just debunking that specific theory. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

All depends on our playoff run. If we make it to the finals, everyone is back. Anything short of that, there will most likely be some changes.

Yup... we've already seen the cieling of this core during the regular season, and it is elite. Can we have success in the playoffs is the real question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah that's what I'm referring to, if the owners are willing to pay the tax.