• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud's Questionable Decisions

Trout7

Does anyone know why every time the Hawks work hard to build a lead, that Bud immediately brings Dennis in and pisses it all away?  I believe out of everything people discuss on here Dennis is the main key to us losing games because he sucks the momentum out of every one of our runs with all his stupid play when he comes in and this  affects Teague's rhythm every time he gets in a groove.  There is no other coach in the NBA that takes out his star point guard immediately after he ignites a run.  This is pure stupidity on Bud's part in my opinion.

Edited by Trout7

If this is a complaint about the regular season rotation, you do realize most teams don’t play more than one or two starters with bench units, correct? It just so happens with this team that Horford and Millsap get first priority over Teague to play with the bench (and if you knew that in a lot of the ways, the frontcourt anchors the offense AND defense on this team, you’d understand why).

If this is a complaint about the postseason rotation, I’ve already said a lot needs to change in the next series if Atlanta gets there and I’m not meaning Schröder gets replaced (the grass isn’t always greener here…and it wasn’t with Shelvin Mack last year as much as some of his fans would like to think), I’m meaning everyone in the starting unit except Korver (and Bazemore depending on how he looks) needs to be playing 38 minutes at least in close games. If important playoff games against a team that is more talented than you anyway doesn’t mean it’s time to increase minutes, than what are we all doing here?

TL;DR: It's Horford and Millsap that are given the star like minutes that you think Teague should get.

Yeah, but if Horford and Millsap are combined 0/10 before Dennis sees a minute on the court it is Dennis who sucks the life out of the Hawks offense...honestly, what the OP talks about made some sense last year, but this year I've only seen it once or twice, and yeah those where recently. But why not panic and do away with a dude who actually had two good games this series and could have netted one game 3, if others would step up equally.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

Somehow, Al Horford going 0-8 in the first half got spun into being Dennis' fault by some I won't name in the chat last night...

I will say Dennis was bad game 3, but he wasn't the major reason for the game being lost, just part. Want one? Look no further than at Mike Scott for letting Jonas Jerebko get open for practice threes. He did make up for it but still.

I like Dennis but I wish he was just used to rest Teague, rather than be his equal.  You won't ever see me critical of someone else's posts on here.   I have no problem with free speech.

Edited by Trout7
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Dennis does that, Weak jumpers, selfish play, awful turnovers and every once in a while he plays really well. 

I guess Dennis could be very good. Perhaps just not in Bud's system. I for one am tired of him right now and wouldn't mind Kirk taking some of his minutes.