• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver?

Hawksfan73

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Hawksfan73 said:

This guy is killing us. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play 38 minutes tonight vs Cavs? He should've played 20 minutes at most. I don't get it.

Definitely should not have been playing in crunch time...The match didn't call for him to be in the line up in the 1st place...Bud is just a very poor game manage.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Definitely should not have been playing in crunch time...The match didn't call for him to be in the line up in the 1st place...Bud is just a very poor game manage.

Agreed. Same thing as last season in the conference finals. I love Kyle but he is nothing but a liability against cleveland, especially if he can't score at all.

• Moderators

A big part of why Korver was in there was that Patterson can't play and THJr went 0-4 in 7 minutes.  Baze and Thabo are the only alternative wings Bud trusted tonight.  Now why Bud thinks that Korver will contribute after 20+ minutes of being blanketed, I don't know.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

A big part of why Korver was in there was that Patterson can't play and THJr went 0-4 in 7 minutes.  Baze and Thabo are the only alternative wings Bud trusted tonight.  Now why Bud thinks that Korver will contribute after 20+ minutes of being blanketed, I don't know.

Sap at the 3 more when Lebron plays the 3...Problem solved

• Premium Member

I think what we have to determine is that Korver is a luxury at this time.  He's not the main meal, but he's a luxury on the side that you get at the main meal,  We can't be giving him all the minutes.. JR Smith will face guard him all game and if All Korver does is shoot standstill threes, he's no longer an option.   Same is true for Thabo.  This is the time where THJr and Scott has to step up and take those minutes.

Personally, I like the lineup with Dennis, Baze, THJr, Scott, and Sap.

It's not our starting lineup, but each of those guys are athletic. Sheez, Scott hasn't missed a shot has he?

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is the time where THJr and Scott has to step up and take those minutes.

Scott delivered yesterday and Bud didn't feed him enough minutes.  THJr struggled hard in limited time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Scott delivered yesterday and Bud didn't feed him enough minutes.  THJr struggled hard in limited time.

With more PT, I think THJr can be more effective.  I wouldn't give him a Lion's share.. but 18 mpg.

Same is true with Scott.  This guy has been the unsung hero for this team this offseason.  He brings in good energy and his FG% has to be through the roof.. but Bud has the quick yank on him.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

With more PT, I think THJr can be more effective.  I wouldn't give him a Lion's share.. but 18 mpg.

Same is true with Scott.  This guy has been the unsung hero for this team this offseason.  He brings in good energy and his FG% has to be through the roof.. but Bud has the quick yank on him.

I am not opposed to giving THJr more time - especially in a game where Korver is well proven to be totally blanketed.  After 20 minutes of seeing that, you know it wasn't going to change unless Teague, Al and Sap presented as sufficient threats to draw defensive attention and impact Cleveland's defensive shape.  Since they weren't doing that, give THJr another run even after his bad start to see if you can get some production from the SG position.  Combined they were 0-5 with 3 points in 44 minutes.  Wow.

• Like 1