• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenny Smith Says Hawks Have Had Chance Superstar

thescout5

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree with lots of others here.  The idea that the Hawks turned down deals for superstars is a bunch of hot air until it is backed up with specifics.  It can't be because it didn't happen.  I am sure the Hawks scuttled lateral deals of the kind others have mentioned on this thread and perhaps one of them could have found magic but that is different than implying that the Hawks could have had Durant but like Horford and Korver too much to pull the trigger.

Denver wanted Horford for Melo but Melo wasn't trying to resign like that. So we offered Smoove and they declined, we would have did it Melo was willing to resign. 

Amare was still a superstar but they wanted Smoove and our #3 pick which would have been Al. If he wasn't an health issue. This would have happened but his health was an issue at the time and it has lead to his demise since

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sums it up nicely.  Good job, Bird. {sexist kitchen joke redacted}.

Kennie has had it out for the Hawks since his supposed 8-hour long interview with Billy Knight to presumably replace Knight as Hawks GM?  He's so bitter about that.  Ridiculous.

I think his "superstar" comment was just another filler statement he doesn't expect anyone to fact-check him on.

Speaking of ridiculous, we have @Hawkmoor using Barkley's name and a gif of Webber and the coattail rider to clown the Hawks about being ringless?  Gon' be a loooong offseason ladies and gentleman.

basketball-nba-finals-houston-rockets-ha

457950870-basketball-nba-finals-houston-

alg-shaq-trophy-jpg.jpg

• Moderators

Shaq was the engine behind multiple championships.

Kenny was slightly more responsible for the Houston championships than Mario Elie.  Those rings were all about Hakeem and Kenny could have been changed out for more than 30 players with zero negative impact.  Sam Cassell was bigger in the 1995 championship run as a sophmore.  Kenny hit open 3's created by Hakeem (the better of the two guys with that primary duty, the other being Vernon Maxwell).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sums it up nicely.  Good job, Bird. {sexist kitchen joke redacted}.

Kennie has had it out for the Hawks since his supposed 8-hour long interview with Billy Knight to presumably replace Knight as Hawks GM?  He's so bitter about that.  Ridiculous.

I think his "superstar" comment was just another filler statement he doesn't expect anyone to fact-check him on.

Speaking of ridiculous, we have @Hawkmoor using Barkley's name and a gif of Webber and the coattail rider to clown the Hawks about being ringless?  Gon' be a loooong offseason ladies and gentleman.

Actually, Kenny has hated the Hawks since he was a Hawk.  Nique made his life a living hell by calling him EASTER.   I think Nique and Co. Hazed him a bit much.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Agree with lots of others here.  The idea that the Hawks turned down deals for superstars is a bunch of hot air until it is backed up with specifics.  It can't be because it didn't happen.  I am sure the Hawks scuttled lateral deals of the kind others have mentioned on this thread and perhaps one of them could have found magic but that is different than implying that the Hawks could have had Durant but like Horford and Korver too much to pull the trigger.

I believed that Houston offered D12 for Horf and Teague.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I believed that Houston offered D12 for Horf and Teague.

Like I said, lateral moves were available; superstars were not.  D12 last held superstar status in Orlando.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Like I said, lateral moves were available; superstars were not.  D12 last held superstar status in Orlando.

I don't disagree.  However, the tools are there.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Actually, Kenny has hated the Hawks since he was a Hawk.  Nique made his life a living hell by calling him EASTER.   I think Nique and Co. Hazed him a bit much.

I'm probably going to regret asking but ... um, what does this mean?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm probably going to regret asking but ... um, what does this mean?

Kenny tells the story of how when he was a Hawks, Dominique would call him "Easter "because he said he looked like the Easter Bunny.  Dominique still calls him Easter and I believe that it's still a sore point with Kenny.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Omfg @BigDog90  did you just put "centerpiece" and Mar$chwag Brooks in the same stratosphere?

I guess.  Seems his "talent" has transended the entire league.

Around that time he was playing good. I don't know what happened to him now.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Kenny tells the story of how when he was a Hawks, Dominique would call him "Easter "because he said he looked like the Easter Bunny.  Dominique still calls him Easter and I believe that it's still a sore point with Kenny.

Weird.  I wouldn't doubt he's still perturbed by this.

2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Around that time he was playing good. I don't know what happened to him now.

Fool's gold.  He was never any good, just had a green light at the right time.  People were calling him Kobe-esque back then.  WTF?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Weird.  I wouldn't doubt he's still perturbed by this.

Fool's gold.  He was never any good, just had a green light at the right time.  People were calling him Kobe-esque back then.  WTF?

Lol yeah I remember the Kobe comparisons.