• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should be our SGs Next year.

Diesel

Who should be our SGs.  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The SF/SG situation is almost impossible to predict right now (IMO).  I mean lets be honest - Baze is an unrestricted F/A.  He could very well be starting for the LA Lakers next year alongside Kevin Durant.  That would actually be a pretty dynamic combination of SG/SF.  They will definitely be making some serious moves and they have the $$.

Yeah Thomas...I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer"...but if I were part of the Lakers decision-makers I would want to get KD (of course) - then sell Baze on the next evolution of "Showtime"...heck...then maybe even pick up Hump as a backup big.  They will be wheeling and dealing that's for sure.

Anyway - that is a danger when you develop a player who is on a short-term contract.  They can get cherry-picked as unrestricted F/As.

• Like 1

I truly hope to shut down the potential coaching up a player for another team cycle now. Baze is not perfect but his hustle needs to be in a Hawk's uniform. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good-old JJ on a bargain contract, or Afflalo. Otherwise draft a SG and start him. Bench should have KK and Patterson.

THJr is bad (even worse than Lamar IMO) and Bazemore on a big contract is a no-no for me.

Thabo is a SF for me, but I wouldn`t be opposed to him starting at SG if we somhow land a decent SF.

22 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Good-old JJ on a bargain contract, or Afflalo. Otherwise draft a SG and start him. Bench should have KK and Patterson.

THJr is bad (even worse than Lamar IMO) and Bazemore on a big contract is a no-no for me.

Thabo is a SF for me, but I wouldn`t be opposed to him starting at SG if we somhow land a decent SF.

With all the ideas on shaping the roster we have all had I had forgotten about Patterson's existence. Your right about Thabo getting most of his minutes at SF but defensively he kept J.R. from getting shots after he had been absolutely torching Korver. The big question I think is who our starting SF is because we have so many SG bodies.

• Premium Member

I think I have given up on the Baze situation.

If I read correctly, we have EB rights on Baze and that limits how much we can pay him.  I guess it's similar to Whitesides in Miami.    Point is, I guess we have to look into moving on because the Lakers, 76ers, and even Nets will come.  Maybe even the Warriors.