• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charles Barkley said Hawks should make full court press offer to Dwight Howard.

Hawkmoor

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

The difference in Sap now and Sap as the go to scorer is mostly converting two foot bunnies in the last one or two minutes of games. He has increased his scoring repertoire since we have had him. Need him to be more clutch which also would have given us the three seed.    

So you're banking on Millsap developing the clutch gene? That's flat out dumb

17 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

No way. Whiteside is the most overrated stat filler ever. Imo

Whenever I hear a poster mention Whiteside, I shake my head. Like do you watch Basketball. Then again, we had fans who wanted Josh Smith over Al Horford

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

So you're banking on Millsap developing the clutch gene? That's flat out dumb

I stated what I believe is the serious improvement Sap needs to make for the upcoming season. His offense has improved since he's been here. Improving at closing out a game by scoring a clutch basket would make a big difference. I do want him on our team.

6 hours ago, JTB said:

Exactly! Add on to the team and stop giving away players like we have some great franchise history to get whoever we want. 

Adding to the talent we have has been the biggest issue in Atlanta. But now we have the cap this off season to do so, so hopefully budcox uses this opportunity well.

lmao, exactly..........Always trying to be picky. The Falcons the same way with their Falcon Filter.  They act like they got some kind of cache to be turning players away. lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Once again, this team is NOT a rebounder or a good big lineup away, it's a completely revamped wing corps away. It's the wings that are the primary reason for the defensive rebounding being bad, NONE of them can contain the dribble drive and it pulls the big men out to help the wings. If you swap Horford for Howard, Howard's defensive rebounding would decline because he'd be pulled out to help the wing players and the team would be worse.

If you ADD Howard to Horford, it's still the same result of no one being able to contain the dribble drive and the bigs getting in foul trouble.

Korver and Bazemore gotta go, but the problem is they won't.

trade teague, korver and their first to move up to get Hield.  Dump splitter and another contract. Sign Horford AND Dwight.  Hawks aint even gonna TRY.  It doesnt matter if the scoring comes from the 2 or 3 as long as they get scoring from either position.

Edited by Hawkmoor

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Once again, this team is NOT a rebounder or a good big lineup away, it's a completely revamped wing corps away. It's the wings that are the primary reason for the defensive rebounding being bad, NONE of them can contain the dribble drive and it pulls the big men out to help the wings. If you swap Horford for Howard, Howard's defensive rebounding would decline because he'd be pulled out to help the wing players and the team would be worse.

If you ADD Howard to Horford, it's still the same result of no one being able to contain the dribble drive and the bigs getting in foul trouble.

Korver and Bazemore gotta go, but the problem is they won't.

I see where you are going on this but I doubt bud is feeling the same way especially after the Hawks were ranked number one on defense in the second half of the season and 2nd in defense efficiency by the end of the year, 6th overall.

Bud is probably feeling the team did good enough on drive penetration. If better defense on drive penetration was all that we needed than bud should be going after batum and Barnes but I'm not seeing that fixes all our issues though we will be a better team. You can get better defenders on the perimeter but don't throw these guys on the court expecting them to lock down lebron or Kyrie or whoever....those guys aren't stars for nothing.

I don't think that better defense drive penetration is the answer though. I did at one point but no longer. Doing better on drive penetration defensively  won't stop tristian from killing Horford on boards and it won't stop any true elite player getting to the goal or at the goal because stars don't get stopped in this league and they never have.

We need a bit of both better wing and bigger bodies  plus some easy scoring.... we can add Howard and still get better defensive wing players who may not all that great offensively. However Howard can be an huge asset playing along side both Horford and Sap at the same time or when one is on the bench. He gives us second chance opportunities and possibly easy buckets around the goal in this ball moving offense (he don't have post moves no but he can still position himself for easy baskets). 

And when we need to run small simply just take one of those guys out. We are way too focused on the big lineup! I just want it to be an option...bud don't have to play the big lineup all game, the point is just being DEEPER and being able to throw solid lineups on the court at all times.

On 5/13/2016 at 2:51 PM, Hawkmoor said:

You didnt read my post right. What i meant was, is it a bad thing to trade Horford or let Horford go, and keep Howard?  I already know all the arguments about why Sap shouldnt play small forward and i see  your point.

Oh, one more thing. People can clown Barkley's suggestion for bringing Howard to atlanta, but, lets be real, what OTHER "top tier" free agent is gonna even CONSIDER the Hawks?  Dwight is the only one on record that has suggested ANY interest in playing for the hawks.

Dwight is not a "top tier free agent."

On 5/13/2016 at 2:59 PM, Hawkmoor said:

Tell Supes that the Hawks drafted the wrong guy.  Noah is who they shouldve picked. WAAAAAAAAYYYY MORE HEART than Horford...............

1941x1324

Noah can't lace up his shoes without getting injured.  I think he's already got one foot in his professional grave.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Maybe not....but just out of curiosity please let us know what top tier free agents are dieing to get to Atlanta?

None.  Dwight's not dying to come here either.  He burned that bridge a long time ago, and now he's just a shadow of what he once was anyway.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Watchman said:

None.  Dwight's not dying to come here either.  He burned that bridge a long time ago, and now he's just a shadow of what he once was anyway.

To invest so much salary towards a guy with a questionable back, team first issues and moody persona which I'm guessing is a locker room problem is a bit frightening. His reputation is suffering.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

To the Hawks he is.

No need to keep this argument going man. Like you I understand the benefits of Howard being added to this Atlanta team but the bud I've listened to over his 3 years being here has said time after time he loves millsap and he loves Horford so I doubt he feels the need to get Howard even if he could. 

Plus bud has mentioned something about loving shooting big men which is why pero was signed 2 years ago.

anyways I'm sure as far as major free agents go bud is going to go after batum first because we are in need of a wing then if batum don't come through which is highly possible...we MAY see bud go after Barnes who is likely to get signed back or any deal matched if GS wins it all which is also very likely to happen . ...and those two will be the biggest free agent targets bud TRIES to land . As much as I want him to go after Howard I honestly don't see budcox attempting to do so....after bud strikes out on who he wants in free agency he will throw all that money at Bazemore to get him back and then resign Horford. The little bit of money left over will go to humphries who will play a larger role next season and bud along with the rest of the organization will tell us about continuity but with no added impactful players. 

An that's how the Hawks off season will go. The End.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

No need to keep this argument going man. Like you I understand the benefits of Howard being added to this Atlanta team but the bud I've listened to over his 3 years being here has said time after time he loves millsap and he loves Horford so I doubt he feels the need to get Howard even if he could. 

Plus bud has mentioned something about loving shooting big men which is why pero was signed 2 years ago.

anyways I'm sure as far as major free agents go bud is going to go after batum first because we are in need of a wing then if batum don't come through which is highly possible...we MAY see bud go after Barnes who is likely to get signed back or any deal matched if GS wins it all which is also very likely to happen . ...and those two will be the biggest free agent targets bud TRIES to land . As much as I want him to go after Howard I honestly don't see budcox attempting to do so....after bud strikes out on who he wants in free agency he will throw all that money at Bazemore to get him back and then resign Horford. The little bit of money left over will go to humphries who will play a larger role next season and bud along with the rest of the organization will tell us about continuity but with no added impactful players. 

An that's how the Hawks off season will go. The End.

Again, you are right on all points.  Again, the atlanta fans will NOT hold their sports franchises accountable, so they do what they wanna do. Bud will most likely resign baze and horford like you said and give the "speech" about the continuity.  If Splitter comes back, he will NOT sign humphries.  The fans will show up for the first game and make it a sellout because T.I. or another rapper will perform at halftime and the rest of the home games will be low attendance until the lakers, bulls or knicks show up. Same as always............lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AmishBoy said:

FWIW Rick Kamla said on the radio that he has a source who says Dwight to Atlanta has been a done deal for awhile.

Oh hell! This guy again! Look I'm all for Howard to come here as long as we keep Sap and AL to go along with him therefore I do want him here but by no means is it a done deal. This guy Rick has said that 3 different times now! Once on NBA tv, twice on a radio station ....his sources are garbage and I can't believe him....I may call in to NBA radio and ask them about this report and who the hell Rick kamla is. He has no hawk ties as far as my knowledge.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Oh hell! This guy again! Look I'm all for Howard to come here as long as we keep Sap and AL to go along with him therefore I do want him here but by no means is it a done deal. This guy Rick has said that 3 different times now! Once on NBA tv, twice on a radio station ....his sources are garbage and I can't believe him....I may call in to NBA radio and ask them about this report and who the hell Rick kamla is. He has no hawk ties as far as my knowledge.

He was being sarcastic. Thats ok. Its cool. I also heard that the Hawks will not be winning a NBA championship this season after getting swept for the second straight year by the Cavaliers...........lmao

On 5/14/2016 at 9:30 AM, Hawkmoor said:

But Sap cant move laterally to keep up with smaller forwards, according to hawksquawk.  I think its the other way around.  You would post Sap like the Hawks used to do with Joe Johnson.  Horford will stay around the perimeter.  The key to this lineup would be the outside scoring from the shooting guard and Horford.

Dwight would have to be in the low post.  Horf and Sap can play anywhere on the floor.  It would be difficult for other teams to match our size.  The  Hawks have been lacking any serious size for a while now.

The Hawks can always go with a smaller lineup if needed.

Edited by ATLSmith
  • Like 1