Charles Barkley said Hawks should make full court press offer to Dwight Howard.

Hawkmoor

Heard him talking about it on the game a few minutes ago.  He said the fit is perfect and that both Dwight and the Hawks NEED each other. He said if he was in the front office, he would be visiting Dwight's family in Atlanta and putting on a " full court press" to woo Dwight to sign with the Hawks.

pg Schröder

sg  Hardaway

sf Sap

pf Horford

c Howard

go Hawks!!!!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Millsap is never going to start at the 3. If we go for Howard, then Horford is gone.

Is that a bad thing?  Horford aint taking the Hawks anywhere. In fact, i dont know IF Barkley said the Hawks should keep both Horford and Howard.  A more attractive option would be to sign howard, and trade teague, korver and their first to move up to get Hield:

pg dennis

sg hield

sf thabo

pf Sap

c Howard

THAT is potentially a eastern conference title championship squad right there.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Charles Barkley is not a GM for a reason.

Charles is employed by TNT to  analyze games and players and that by itself is amazing. There is not enough salt you could take to accept his or the rest of that crew's views on basketball. 

• Like 1

It's funny that his family is probably one of the main reasons he'll never play here so it doesn't matter if the Hawks try to sell them on it or not.

Also funny that all the TNT guys do is clown Howard now he's so great that we shld sign him?

In reality, we have a system that's diverse enough to get him quality touches but they wouldn't necessarily be back2basket traditional post touches.  That'd help him rehab his game but he probably lacks the sophistication to understand that.  He'll go somewhere like CHA who'll promise post touches and he'll  be wanting out by the All-star  break.

Incidently, if we sign him (which is clearly doubtful) it'll probably mean trading Sap.

34 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Is that a bad thing?  Horford aint taking the Hawks anywhere. In fact, i dont know IF Barkley said the Hawks should keep both Horford and Howard.  A more attractive option would be to sign howard, and trade teague, korver and their first to move up to get Hield:

pg dennis

sg hield

sf thabo

pf Sap

c Howard

Yes. Millsap doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard the LeBron's, Paul George's, Wiggins' for a whole season. Him at SF would have the bigs in foul trouble. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Charles is employed by TNT to  analyze games and players and that by itself is amazing. There is not enough salt you could take to accept his or the rest of that crew's views on basketball. 

lol. tickles me when a fan base puts up with a historically inept franchise  front office like the hawks, but clown outsiders who try and give incite into what MIGHT work for the hawks.  With the hawks history, you cant go wrong going another direction.

You know why i like Larry Bird? Dude is a WINNER.  Indiana had a GOOD season, went to the playoffs, but Bird felt they underachieved and bounced their head coach.  Thats the philosphy atlanta doesnt have. Its not a win at all cost thing with them.  No, larry firing the head coach might not win them a championship, its the MESSAGE he is sending to the whole organization that while he is general manager, coming up short isnt acceptable, unlike some places i know.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's funny that his family is probably one of the main reasons he'll never play here so it doesn't matter if the Hawks try to sell them on it or not.

Also funny that all the TNT guys do is clown Howard now he's so great that we shld sign him?

In reality, we have a system that's diverse enough to get him quality touches but they wouldn't necessarily be back2basket traditional post touches.  That'd help him rehab his game but he probably lacks the sophistication to understand that.  He'll go somewhere like CHA who'll promise post touches and he'll  be wanting out by the All-star  break.

Incidently, if we sign him (which is clearly doubtful) it'll probably mean trading Sap.

I guess with him signing with Shaq's agent, they stopped picking on him.

CHA would be perfect for him. Clifford and Ewing are there, assistants when he was in ORL so they would know how to use him plus Courtney Lee is there. I'd keep Big Al if I was CHA though.

6 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Yes. Millsap doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard the LeBron's, Paul George's, Wiggins' for a whole season. Him at SF would have the bigs in foul trouble. 

You didnt read my post right. What i meant was, is it a bad thing to trade Horford or let Horford go, and keep Howard?  I already know all the arguments about why Sap shouldnt play small forward and i see  your point.

Oh, one more thing. People can clown Barkley's suggestion for bringing Howard to atlanta, but, lets be real, what OTHER "top tier" free agent is gonna even CONSIDER the Hawks?  Dwight is the only one on record that has suggested ANY interest in playing for the hawks.

Edited by Hawkmoor

41 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Horford aint taking the Hawks anywhere.

Oh boy! NBASupes alert. He's going to be here soon to chastise you and ask "why the hate on Horford since this is the most successful run that this NBA team has had?"

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Oh boy! NBASupes alert. He's going to be here soon to chastise you and ask "why the hate on Horford since this is the most successful run that this NBA team has had?"

Tell Supes that the Hawks drafted the wrong guy.  Noah is who they shouldve picked. WAAAAAAAAYYYY MORE HEART than Horford...............

1941x1324

Edited by Hawkmoor

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

lol. tickles me when a fan base puts up with a historically inept franchise  front office like the hawks, but clown outsiders who try and give incite into what MIGHT work for the hawks.  With the hawks history, you cant go wrong going another direction.

You know why i like Larry Bird? Dude is a WINNER.  Indiana had a GOOD season, went to the playoffs, but Bird felt they underachieved and bounced their head coach.  Thats the philosphy atlanta doesnt have. Its not a win at all cost thing with them.  No, larry firing the head coach might not win them a championship, its the MESSAGE he is sending to the whole organization that while he is general manager, coming up short isnt acceptable, unlike some places i know.

Inept would be the wrong term for a team and franchise that has won over 100 games in two years. We haven't won a championship but we have been going in the right direction the last few years not the other way.

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Inept would be the wrong term for a team and franchise that has won over 100 games in two years. We haven't won a championship but we have been going in the right direction the last few years not the other way.

You know why the atlanta braves dismantled a PLAYOFF team? Its because said PLAYOFF team wasnt good enough to take it all the way, so they dismantled it and are trying to rebuild from the ground up and build a solid foundation that will compete for championships.   The Hawks are the braves of two years ago. Good enough to make the playoffs,  not good enough to challenge for championships. As currently built, they wil not.  They have been trying since 1970 in atlanta, so yes, anything short of a championship is inept.

Thats why Nick Saban is soooo great.  Thats the difference between him and Mark Richt.   Mark Richt is the Atlanta Hawks.

SABAN-FREAKOUT.gif

nick-saban-angry.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

pg dennis

sg hield

sf thabo

pf Sap

c Howard

It might get you 1 win against the Cavs.  LOL