• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should Horford take MORE 3s?

TheNorthCydeRises

State of the Horford address  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I'd rather keep him and sign Dwight or Whitesides... then trade him or Sap later.

He's still got Bird rights.  Championship teams exploit that.

But could we actually keep him and still get either Whiteside or Dwight?

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

As long as we can still go over the cap to sign our players with Birdrights, I think we can.

I like the idea of having Dwight, Horf, and Sap for a time.  That lineup is good protection against injury.  Plus, it's Sap's contract year so we can leverage either Sap or Horf (whoever is the best 4 beside Dwight).

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

As long as we can still go over the cap to sign our players with Birdrights, I think we can.

I like the idea of having Dwight, Horf, and Sap for a time.  That lineup is good protection against injury.  Plus, it's Sap's contract year so we can leverage either Sap or Horf (whoever is the best 4 beside Dwight).

If we could pull that off then it would be great. It would be nice to actually force teams to go big instead of small for a change.

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

@SothronIf we let Baze, Hump and Kirk walk and trade Splitter our capspace  is approx $25 or so (take out draft pick and roster charges it's  less) including Al's  caphold. 

Dwight's max is $32

Whiteside is $23

He's a shooting big and my hope always was that he'd turn his game into post knee injury Amar'e but his jumper is just too static to effectively branch out of and his first step is average giving him a limited faceup game to go with a non-existent back to basket game.  To justify him at PF you'd need a Demarcus Cousins rather than some defensive/rebounding big.  Against faster and more mobile defenders that are used to playing on the perimeter his jumper is rendered moot thus why he needs someone that can command doubles away from him.  The fact that it's a lot easier to find a Josh Smith or Paul Millsap rather than a Boogie Cousins is one of the primary reasons why he's been a 5 his whole career.

I guess we just have to get used to our very own KST as Al fully transitions into the Dominican version of Raef LaFrentz.