• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have yet to offer the full max to Al Horford, per sources.

GameTime

The Hawks have a logjam at PF.  They need to play this smart.  They need to see what they can get from a sign-and-trade for Al.  They will compare that value to the what Milsap can bring in return.  

Which ever deal makes the most sense will happen.  Expect either Milsap or Horford to play for another team next season.  

• Premium Member

Right now, I move from Trust Bud.. to Trust No One. 

I think that there will be a lot of speculation conversations that hit the internet until AL is signed.  So again.. Trust only Bud. 

vor einer Stunde, ggp sagte:

The Hawks have a logjam at PF.  They need to play this smart.  They need to see what they can get from a sign-and-trade for Al.  They will compare that value to the what Milsap can bring in return.  

Which ever deal makes the most sense will happen.  Expect either Milsap or Horford to play for another team next season.  

Yes, I agree. They got a quality player in Howard for their cap space which is a huge win, because look at Dallas' situation.

Howard also fixes a lot of the problems for Atlanta, even if he is not as dominant as he used to be: elite rebounding, still good rim protection and a finisher inside, who can play with his back to the basket and create open shots for outside players. Even if he is only "decent", that is still a lot better than having Horford at C, just from a team perspective.

The Hawks are set at PF with Millsap but can look to further improve the team by either trying to keep AL (trading away Splitter/Scott/THJr) with Millsap or trading either one of them to improve elsewhere.

It is even kind of a luxurious positon to be in right now.

We really need a new Hawks beat writer or at least someone with some common sense.

Hawks made very significant offer to Al Horford. Whether it still stands because of their new cap situation unknown. He still could return.

The offer to Al (max or not) does not change our need to clear salary since the $18 mil caphold is the number we are working with and not the actual contract value - such a bafoon. Smh.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
We really need a new Hawks beat writer or at least someone with some common sense.

The offer to Al (max or not) does not change our need to clear salary since the $18 mil caphold is the number we are working with and not the actual contract value - such a bafoon. Smh.

This is sad. I'm sorry who hired this moron? What a joke. He's not only an idiot but he's always late reporting shit too lol. It's like if you got no talent, the least you could do is be punctual. Lol

The real tragedy of the Horford departure is not that he is gone, but that the Front Office was unable to work a SnT deal to get something out of this.  

I can't help but feel that Danny Ferry would not have missed this opportunity.  

43 minutes ago, ggp said:

The real tragedy of the Horford departure is not that he is gone, but that the Front Office was unable to work a SnT deal to get something out of this.  

I can't help but feel that Danny Ferry would not have missed this opportunity.  

There is no incentive for Boston to work a SnT and give up assests for a guy they can sign out right with their capspace.  The most we can do is get aTPE but I think that counts against the cap and I'm not sure how it helps us.