• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we broke in terms of cap money?

Wurider05

I think Patterson staying on the roster is a pretty safe bet. He's cheap, he knows our schemes, and he'll probably be our backup PG until/if Delaney learns our schemes and proves he can play defense and belongs on an NBA court. Unless Jack takes a very small contract, I think we're probably done on the PG hunt.

Scott is the wildcard, it all depends on if the team knows if he's going to be available for the season or not. If there is credible doubt about his availability, we should know by Sunday when his contract becomes fully guaranteed for the season. If he's still on the roster Monday, that means the Hawks think he's in the clear for the 2016-17 season.

If Scott gets waived though, I would hope we could bring Humph back. But he has at least 8 other teams chasing him from what I've read.

• Schröder / Patterson / Delaney
  • Bazemore / Hardaway / Bembry
  • Korver / Thabo / Prince
  • Millsap / Scott / Muscala
  • Howard / Splitter / Tavares

I know many here will disagree, but I feel confident that roster should be competing for the #2 seed in the East behind Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, RWF said:

all that matters.

Yeah, well some people aren't quitters simply because the deck is stacked against them. Some people go out and do their jobs to the best of their abilities and let the chips fall where they may becuase they are competitors and wouldn't have it any other way. Some people take pride in doing the best they possibly can and don't cry about it things aren't fair. Some people struggle against all odds.

But I see we have a lot of fans that aren't that way. We have a lot of fans that have a quitter mentality. We have a lot of fans that only focus on the final goal, and don't understand nor appreciate the journey to get there.

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, well some people aren't quitters simply because the deck is stacked against them. Some people go out and do their jobs to the best of their abilities and let the chips fall where they may becuase they are competitors and wouldn't have it any other way. Some people take pride in doing the best they possibly can and don't cry about it things aren't fair. Some people struggle against all odds.

But I see we have a lot of fans that aren't that way. We have a lot of fans that have a quitter mentality. We have a lot of fans that only focus on the final goal, and don't understand nor appreciate the journey to get there.

Just like the players.

• Premium Member

Truly, you never know who is going to be injured or when, and you have to be ready to jump on opportunities presented to you... for that matter, you never know when a young player is going to bloom into something special.

Anyone who lived through Smith for Rider should fully appreciate the lesson that tossing in the cards out of frustration can lead to.... not merely roster purgatory.... but roster hell.