• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schroeders interview with Dennis Scott

JTB

The interview starts at about the 15 minute mark and runs for about 9 minutes. I thought it was pwetty good <see what I did there>. Also, it's with Sekou Smith and Lang Whitaker, not Dennis Scott.

The most interesting thing is he was asked something like how long did he think it was going to take for the new guys to gel, and he said that coach had asked the team to show up for "open gym" starting on September 6th or something like that, so that they could start practicing and playing together. From what I gather, the coaches can't take part in anything like that, but the players can show up and start working out together whenever they want too. Just thought it was interesting that "coach" (who I assume is Bud) actually asked the players to come in on a certain date and get started with that before camp.

He also said he's really working on his shot this offseason. He's tired of defenders going under screens on him, knows he has to improve his shot for that to change.

He said Bud hasn't actually talked to him yet about how/if the offense is going to change with Dwight, but he assumes it will be a lote more PnR's with Dwight putting pressure in the rim and guys playing off of that.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RandomFan said:

The interview starts at about the 15 minute mark and runs for about 9 minutes. I thought it was pwetty good <see what I did there>. Also, it's with Sekou Smith and Lang Whitaker, not Dennis Scott.

The most interesting thing is he was asked something like how long did he think it was going to take for the new guys to gel, and he said that coach had asked the team to show up for "open gym" starting on September 6th or something like that, so that they could start practicing and playing together. From what I gather, the coaches can't take part in anything like that, but the players can show up and start working out together whenever they want too. Just thought it was interesting that "coach" (who I assume is Bud) actually asked the players to come in on a certain date and get started with that before camp.

He also said he's really working on his shot this offseason. He's tired of defenders going under screens on him, knows he has to improve his shot for that to change.

He said Bud hasn't actually talked to him yet about how/if the offense is going to change with Dwight, but he assumes it will be a lote more PnR's with Dwight putting pressure in the rim and guys playing off of that.

The Dennis Scott interview is at the very bottom of the web page actually. I didn't even bother listening to the podcast all the way through due to being too impatient to with waiting to see when Dennis interview comes up with sekou smith..but thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

The Dennis Scott interview is at the very bottom of the web page actually. I didn't even bother listening to the podcast all the way through due to being too impatient to with waiting to see when Dennis interview comes up with sekou smith..but thanks for sharing.

Ahh, yeah my bad. I skipped that interview since I'd seen it live back during summer league.

On 7/30/2016 at 8:28 PM, RandomFan said:

Hopefully Korver shows him some pointers. If Baze and DMC can improve their shots, I don't see why Dennis couldn't. 

• Like 2

On July 31, 2016 at 3:17 PM, RandomFan said:

Ahh, yeah my bad. I skipped that interview since I'd seen it live back during summer league.

LOL didn't know it was that old...wouldnt have posted it.

On July 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM, BigDog90 said:

Hopefully Korver shows him some pointers. If Baze and DMC can improve their shots, I don't see why Dennis couldn't. 

Think part of Kyle's salary should be allocated towards him coaching Dennis on his perimeter shot and Dwight at the foul line. If Dwight's jump shot has improved as per video then maybe he should imitate  Bob McAdoo's jumping foul shot. Dwight is an old school type of center to begin with so anything possible to improve that percentage. A little humor if nothing else. 

Dennis already altered his shot last year with the help of Kyle. He's pretty good in stretches from 3 and pretty good with that two dribble pull-up. You can see he concentrated on automating a few spots in his repetoire. The thing he needs to learn is becoming more consistent with what he already has under his belt and expanding his repetoire, which can be costly again regarding FG%. However, Dennis shot 51% of 3 in Germany from the Euro 3 point line. So he has the hops to make shots no doubt and does so now and then in crunch-time often.

We all need to realize that part of 3zus's salary/value is being a coach in practice and on the floor. Bright BBIQ from one of the best shooters in the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hazer said:

We all need to realize that part of 3zus's salary/value is being a coach in practice and on the floor. Bright BBIQ from one of the best shooters in the game.

Remembering the video clip someone posted of Kyle and Anthony Morrow draining threes over and over again after practice. It was beautiful. Also DMC gave a lot of props to Kyle for helping him so much from long range. The only Hawk I can think of that was officially called a player coach was back in those first few years I starting watching, Richie Guerin. If we got behind big he would suit up and hit the floor in the second half and score close to or over twenty points several times for us. Kinda crazy.