• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves pitching

We knew it was going to be some growing pains this year.  Damn it is rough watching them out there. They can look good for 3-4 or 4-5 innings then just completely implode.  So even though this is what you expect when going with young pitchers. I was really hoping someone would have emerge by now to make us feel better about the future of our pitching. Hopefully there are better prospects in the system who are close to being MLB Ready. There is plenty of room in the rotation after Julio.

First year or two for young guys are usually super rough, so i'm not too concerned. The two guys that I think have a chance to be good starting pitchers are Wisler and Folty. The rest of those who've been called up this year just don't seem to have the stuff or makeup. Jenkins should be the close of the future. I like his mound presence, but with only 2 pitches he'll never survive as a starter.  The next crop of pitchers, esp Newcomb, are probably where we'll start seeing #1s and 2s start to emerge.

The position player i'm actually very interested in seeing is Rio Ruiz. He seems to be a guy that could make some noise at the major level. My understanding is has a good swing, but I've heard that before about Hayward, and his swing was a mess (and still is).

Folty and Wisler have the most upside. Folty injury history is my only real concern about him. Wisler need to learn to limit the big inning. That always seem to be his undoing when he struggles. The guys the Braves drafted this year will likely be the real gems but they are all only 18 years old. That is 3-5 years away. I agree about Jenkins future is in the bullpen. He could make a real good closer should they convert him.