• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

• theheroatl changed the title to Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

It's an overpay but considering the cap increase, it's not a bad one as this will be the new range for MLE in a few years. 

It's an overpay but considering the cap increase, it's not a bad one as this will be the new range for MLE in a few years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yes!!

Ok Supes. Why? Just curious.  I think this move is...curious.  If only because I think the team is better served getting younger (AJ), and unloading his contract to focus on another big acquisition.  I'm not sure I buy that this team will acquire the name(s) I've seen thrown around.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Where this makes sense is if we see Bogi as our long term backup 2. I believe we do. This is bad for AJ. Now he becomes that high end young piece we use to attract an Embiid or KAT in a major trade. 

I was thinking the other day that AJ is the most attractive trade bait. Him and Jalen have a higher chance of getting traded than Onyeka.

Edited by theheroatl

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Ok Supes. Why? Just curious.  I think this move is...curious.  If only because I think the team is better served getting younger (AJ), and unloading his contract to focus on another big acquisition.  I'm not sure I buy that this team will acquire the name(s) I've seen thrown around.

Long term, he fits this role well. As long as his knees are good, we can get 6 more quality seasons out of him. His offensive value has been +2 for years and his value off the bench is massive. He makes sense in this role like Joe Ingles for Utah in his role. 

Our issues are all starter based. OO, Bey, and JJ all fit their current roles. Bogi is the only one that's locked in. He's likely never going to be a starting 2. But he's perfect in this role. 

With the salary going up significantly each season, this will feel like a full MLE deal. Maybe not a discount but definitely market value. He's the one player that we lose, we feel it for sure. 

• Like 1

This is great in a few ways. 

1. Bogi is a lights out shooter.

2. Bogi is a great locker room dude

3. We retained our own asset, even if we flip him down the road we will get something and he won’t walk for nothing.

4. I like saying BRATE :huh:

5. Management listen to shakes on this board and thought NAH WE DISAGREE WITH YOUR BOGI HATE, SIGN THAT MAN!!!!! :laugh1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I was thinking the other day that AJ is the most attractive trade bait. Him and Jalen have a higher chance of getting traded than Onyeka.

JJ is likely here for awhile. He's not a big value for trades but he has upsides that intriguing. 

Griffin has a lot of potential and everyone in the NBA knows it. We need a star. Murray can help us but we need someone young like Griffin where its like Tyrese Maxey. Someone that teams covet long term.

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

4 years?

Why lol?

I am waiting for the full contract details before commenting.  Is the option year included in the 4 years? Declining scale? are the 4 year all guaranteed? Injury language?