• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I wonder if this is more indicative of how they feel about retaing Murray.  Are they confident they can keep him beyond next season?  If they can, at what number?

That's a good theory.  They may think that AJ will eventually have enough defense that we won't have to max out DJ if they're not as high on DJ as they hoped he would become.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I don't think this extension is as bad as you guys are making it out to be. Sure he was overpaid but shooters of his talent will always be coveted around the league. It's still a very tradable contract and we can at least get something for him instead of just losing him via FA 

Less about cost for me - just his injury history at the back of my mind and yes to the bolded as long as he is healthy and is shooting 40% from 3.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

All I can say is that there must be some renewed mighty big expectations with regard to the NBA salary cap growth in the next four years, and just as likely, that there's been something compelling in the CBA renegotiation that re-sets the paradigm.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/13/nbc-sports-prepared-to-make-nba-bid.html

It’s too early to say how much the NBA will be able to increase revenue from its new TV deal, but initial suggestions of a 200% increase from about $25 billion to more than $70 billion over nine years are probably too optimistic, according to people familiar with the matter. An annual increase closer to 100% may be more likely, given secular declines in the linear pay TV and streaming businesses that are still losing billions of dollars each year, two of the people said.

That's the only way to make sense of signing a player to an extension whose knees you've been hoping and praying all year could somehow hold out to the post season.

And I'm a BogBog fan.

Count me with those who this blows away.

(Oh... and... Quin, I sure hope this has your fingerprints all over it.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bey was asking for Hunter money from Detroit though. 

Yeah, that's gonna be a no. Elite floor spacers are worth a lot of money but not quality big wing money. Kevin dumbass took a lot less than he should have if you ask me but that's the floor of what he should get. 

Outside of a JC trade. I could see this off-season for us being very slow. Unless something big is available, really no moves we can do to get better. Might as well give Quin a full offseason to get a lot out of these boys

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Outside of a JC trade. I could see this off-season for us being very slow. Unless something big is available, really no moves we can do to get better. Might as well give Quin a full offseason to get a lot out of these boys

Deciding what we do with Murray is the looming challenge right now -- our new front office has 3 picks riding on his success, so I'm really, really, hoping we do not throw a max out to him.  I just don't think it's a blueprint for success to tie all our money up in guards... I'd much rather package him in a trade this offseason.  That, for me at least, is the big test for this new front office.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, sturt said:

(Oh... and... Quin, I sure hope this has your fingerprints all over it.)

By the way, this really makes vivid my reasons for pounding the table for Quin Snyder to have an architect role where the roster is concerned.

This is exactly the kind of decision that causes me indigestion if it's our legion of youth, unknowns and disregardeds in the basketball ops offices behind it.

And exactly the kind of decision that I'm altogether content with, if not confident in... if it's something that the one regarded the most coveted head coach candidate out there 3 weeks ago gave the okay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Deciding what we do with Murray is the looming challenge right now -- our new front office has 3 picks riding on his success, so I'm really, really, hoping we do not throw a max out to him.  I just don't think it's a blueprint for success to tie all our money up in guards... I'd much rather package him in a trade this offseason.  That, for me at least, is the big test for this new front office.  

It might not be a trade available that makes sense but if there is, Murray could be playing elsewhere next year. I do believe Murray is a very valued asset by Quin, Landry, and Tony. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The age 31-35 years sure did work out pretty well for this guy. Maybe they feel some confidence they're getting something close for BogBog's age 31-35 years.

Here's both of their age 27-30 years.

2023-03-16_15-42-43.png

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team as constructed is done. It has done best it will do.

Quinn or no Quinn.

Especially with the horrendous front court.

Edited by Plainview1981

Supply and demand.  Bogie said, after he recovered from surgery, that he felt better than he had in years.  We know that he wanted to stay here.  Whatever he was being offered to sign elsewhere, Atlanta probably matched it.  I see Korver's fingerprints on this deal.

Count the NBA teams.  Multiply by 15.  That's how many NBA players that are out there in the world, not just the USA.  I hear he can't play defense and I think of this every time he steals the ball.  Apparently it's true.  He plays no defense.  But he's a pickpocket!  

Most of us believer he would opt out and go somewhere else.  Yet, with a new coach on board, he re-signed with Atlanta and will be paid $3 million less than if he had opted in and stayed.  Not a bad deal.  There's a market for him in the NBA and we just signed on!

:smug:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

The age 31-35 years sure did work out pretty well for this guy. Maybe they feel some confidence they're getting something close for BogBog's age 31-35 years.

Here's both of their age 27-30 years.

2023-03-16_15-42-43.png

I give up

giphy.gif

Edited by Phunkabilly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1