• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

55 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team as constructed is done. It has done best it will do.

Quinn or no Quinn.

Especially with the horrendous front court.

Trading to make a trade just isn't a good idea, see the Kevin trade. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

This is a traceable contract 

This is a traceable contract 

You are correct. I think the origins come from our front office and his agent. As to where it is now, I’m not 100% sure. I bet both parties have a copy, with the original one in Landry’s office.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

4 years?

Why lol?

This is just a big FU from Fields and Korver to Schlenk and Ressler for trading away Huerter.

Our outside shooting sucks, and they weren’t going to let one of our only perimeter shooters go away for nothing like we did with Kvon. 

But damn 4 years with those knees?

IDK man....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Which means this isn't just a potential flip move like Clint. They believe in him in this role. 

This extension has to seal JC’s fate right?

I figure Quinn’s needs his shooters.

Hopefully, he uses him like the Hawks utilized Korver and put a STOP to his pump-faking at the 3 point line to drive it. lol

4 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

That's a good theory.  They may think that AJ will eventually have enough defense that we won't have to max out DJ if they're not as high on DJ as they hoped he would become.  

Maybe the Hawks arent fully sold on Murray?

Or maybe they have some idea that he may not require top dollar?

Or maybe he’s already indicated that he’s gone at the end of his contract?

The timing  of this is just so weird.

DJ is expiring next year.

Clint has 2 years left. The same time OO and Saddiq will be up for extensions.

John has 3 years left on his deal.

The timetable doesn't allow for any real indecision with roster building.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm of mixed opinion on this. I like Bogi. You can see my post history to see that. But his health is a serious question. When his knee is okay he's a very good offensive player and his defense isn't that bad. However...as soon as that knee bothers him his defense is a dumpster fire.

I have to wonder if AJ will be attached to either JC or Capela in an offseason trade at this point as between Bogi and Bey there's no real room for AJ in the regular rotation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I also have to speculate and this is purely MY speculation nothing I've heard but if Quin wants DJM full time at PG, AJ develops as starting 2 with Bogi as sixth man...and Trae is traded to recoup draft picks and bring in younger talent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm of mixed opinion on this. I like Bogi. You can see my post history to see that. But his health is a serious question. When his knee is okay he's a very good offensive player and his defense isn't that bad. However...as soon as that knee bothers him his defense is a dumpster fire.

I have to wonder if AJ will be attached to either JC or Capela in an offseason trade at this point as between Bogi and Bey there's no real room for AJ in the regular rotation.

You could give Bogi 12 knees and his defense would be horrific.  But I digress...just don't know what the vision is. First questionable (imho) move the "new" FO has made.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I also have to speculate and this is purely MY speculation nothing I've heard but if Quin wants DJM full time at PG, AJ develops as starting 2 with Bogi as sixth man...and Trae is traded to recoup draft picks and bring in younger talent.

If Trae is traded for Embiid, so be it but picks and prospects, naw. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If Trae is traded for Embiid, so be it but picks and prospects, naw. 

Embiid is going to push his way to Miami as soon as Harden goes back to HOU this upcoming offseason just like your source reported.

I know @kg01 listens to nba radio just like me and there was a nba journalist/reporter or something about 2 days ago on the show with Eddie & Turmney and he said it in so many words but just didn’t name Miami as the destination but we all know that’s where Embiid wants to go if Harden leaves. He wants to play with butler.

I think we have a better chance at getting KAT then Embiid…heck I wouldn’t trade Embiid for Trae and I love Trae but let’s be real lol 

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Embiid is going to push his way to Miami as soon as Harden goes back to HOU this upcoming offseason just like your source reported.

I know @kg01 listens to nba radio just like me and there was a nba journalist/reporter or something about 2 days ago on the show with Eddie & Turmney and he said it in so many words but just didn’t name Miami as the destination but we all know that’s where Embiid wants to go if Harden leaves. He wants to play with butler.

I think we have a better chance at getting KAT then Embiid…heck I wouldn’t trade Embiid for Trae and I love Trae but let’s be real lol 

Miami does not have the juice to get Embiid and be left with a team that could get to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Team Option in Final Year- YEEEEESSSS!

So it’s basically a 3 year extension that will be an expiring deal for any team that wants it in 2025. That isn’t so bad.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Miami does not have the juice to get Embiid and be left with a team that could get to the playoffs. 

Not sure what you mean by not having the “juice”…I don’t and wouldn’t put anything past old man Riley.

Also if Harden declines his player option and becomes a free agent so he can go back to HOU which is widely expected ….then a Herro & Bam trade for Embiid works.

Throw a draft pick in there and it’s tough for Morey to turn down.